Desert Islands Resort & Spa by Anantara isn't luxurious and there isn't much to do. When a friend and I went on Christmas Day to stay four nights, we discovered a package tour atmosphere and a situation where everything available to guests required a 15-20 minute ride on a boring asphalt road. Nowhere to walk around the resort and the safari tour of the nature reserve is too short and limited. Amazingly for an island, there is no decent beach - rocky sand, barrels as breakwaters just beyond the shore, and strong currents. The pool isn't for laps; it's for kiddies mainly; the sitting areas around the pool are small; don't include tables for eating. Luckily, we were able to change our booking to three nights because staying one more day wasn't an enticing prospect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 64 luxuriously appointed rooms, suites, spacious one-bedroom villas and truly luxurious two-bedroom Royal Villas, Desert Islands Resort & Spa by Anantara invites you to live out your own Arabian nights in a destination that is anything but ordinary. 240km from Abu Dhabi City and just eight kilometers off the Abu Dhabi emirate’s western coastline, the island beckons with a mystique that is worlds away from the hustle and bustle of modern urban life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, HotelsforEveryone, Expedia, Agoda, getaroom.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anantara Desert Islands Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Islands Resort & Spa By Anantara Hotel Sir Bani Yas Island
- Desert Islands Resort And Spa By Anantara
- Desert Islands Hotel
- Anantara Desert Islands Resort & Spa Emirate Of Abu Dhabi/Sir Bani Yas Island