Have lived in AD for 8 years and visited many local resorts. By far this was the most we have felt misled in our entire time here.
The hotel is still being built (water sports facility and conference center)
There are errosion bladders on the beach to keep the sand from washing out
Although water sports are adveritised (sailing, boat snorkelling, kayaking) none are available AND the staff are unwilling to assist you in contacting local firms that would be able to get you on the water
The wildlife drive was good (particularly if taken at sunset)
If you are going in order to enjoy a beach .....pick another resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 64 luxuriously appointed rooms, suites, spacious one-bedroom villas and truly luxurious two-bedroom Royal Villas, Desert Islands Resort & Spa by Anantara invites you to live out your own Arabian nights in a destination that is anything but ordinary. 240km from Abu Dhabi City and just eight kilometers off the Abu Dhabi emirate’s western coastline, the island beckons with a mystique that is worlds away from the hustle and bustle of modern urban life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Anantara Desert Islands Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Islands Resort And Spa By Anantara
- Desert Islands Resort & Spa By Anantara Hotel Sir Bani Yas Island
- Desert Islands Hotel
- Anantara Desert Islands Resort & Spa Emirate Of Abu Dhabi/Sir Bani Yas Island