“attentive service and ample portions”

Ocean Basket Cavendish Connect
Ranked #12 of 70 Restaurants in Claremont
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: At Ocean Basket Cavendish Connect you'll find friendly people, a home-from-home feeling and great value for your hard-earned bucks.
Reviewed May 12, 2019

I saw mostly positive reviews of this location in a shopping mall and decided it would be worth a try. I was very pleased with the Greek flavor to the dishes and the fresh seafood. Service was excellent and my food was delivered piping hot.

Date of visit: May 2019
OceanB21, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Basket Cavendish Connect, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2019

Hi there Foconoco,

Wow! Thanks for the incredible feedback. Our team at Ocean Basket Cavendish Connect is always looking to serve up a great OB experience.

"Sea" you soon.

Thanks,

Reviewed May 7, 2019

Popped into Ocean Basket needed a good seafood supper prior to voting tomorrow.
As always the hake and calamari combo excellent; beautifully cooked and served....excellent value for money. One of the party had the kingklip this time not so very good but sorted very quickly by our wonderful waiter 'Bob' Marley. Always an excellent standby.....thank you guys

Date of visit: May 2019

Hey there Jbcapetown.

Thank you for this "reel-y" great review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us and that Marley provided you with great service.

We look forward to having you back again for some fresh seafood again, soon.

Thanks,

Reviewed April 11, 2019 via mobile

Very disappointing! Food arrived promptly, however it was stone cold. Very unpleasant and most definitely not worth the money. We ordered water to go with the meal which never arrived and the cocktails didn't taste like they contained any alcohol. We will not be visiting this branch again.

Date of visit: April 2019
OceanB21, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Basket Cavendish Connect, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2019

Good day Kassm86,

We are terribly sorry to read that Ocean Basket Cavendish Connect did not provide you with the OB experience that you are accustomed to. We always take feedback like this seriously and would love the opportunity to check in with you and investigate this fully. Use this link to send us more info and your contact details. http://eyerys.net/ocean

We hope to turn this around for you.

Many Thanks,

Reviewed January 23, 2019

We enjoyed lunch on a week day when the restaurant was very quiet. The calamari, cajun grilled was good as well as the garden salad, butternut and spinach sides. Their fish is always fresh and tasty. The coffee however was disappointing but the manager explained that they were trying out a new brand, so did not charge me for it. The service was good, with staff being efficient and friendly. Helpful to go when they are not busy.

Date of visit: January 2019
OceanB21, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Basket Cavendish Connect, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2019

Hey there Presentexplorers.

This review is o-fish-ally awesome! We are incredibly happy to hear it and can't wait to pass on the compliments to the Ocean Basket Cavendish Connect team.

We hope to "sea" you again soon,

The OB Team

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

I love ocean basket and always eat at the one in Camp's Bay.... So I decided to try the one in Cavendish, I ordered prawns and mussels combo for one with lemon butter sauce yet to my disappointment I received a tasteless sauce, which consisted of mostly butter.... I've been eating at ocean basket since I was a teenager and I do know that the color of their sauce is a beautiful tasteful lemon garlic butter sauce which is white n not yellow in color. I don't mind the look but the taste just put me off completely...you might think that I'm over reacting but I know my sauces being a chef, and I do know that the recipe has changed, for the worst not for the better.... I could make a better lemon butter sauce then what I just received.

The sauce is what made my meal the best and one of my favorite seafood options.... I will never order from the Cavendish restaurant again, if that's the quality they produce.

Date of visit: October 2018
OceanB21, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Basket Cavendish Connect, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2018

Hi Candice,

We are concerned to see that your experience was not a good one. Please send us your details and feedback via our website so we can contact you directly to resolve this matter. We look forward to hearing from you.

The OB Team