“Dinner for 4 22june 2013”
Review of The Priory

The Priory
Ranked #3 of 3 Restaurants in Scorton
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: http://www.theprioryscorton.co.uk/
Chester
“Dinner for 4 22june 2013”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Excellent cheerful and knowledgeable service from a young waitress throughout the meal.Summer menu was interesting and varied,which was a welcome surprise,as the online menu example we looked at earlier was of very typical 'pub meals' -much as one would have seen anywhere...a glass of red wine was served very cold,our only negative [I'm sure if we had bothered to mention it it would have been changed...].The meals were beautifully cooked and presented,all served quite quickly too.A warm comfortable characterful and busy hotel clearly well patronised. We had a very pleasant leisurely meal on a wet and windy evening.Thanks to the staff.

• Visited June 2013

Blackpool, United Kingdom
“A hidden treasure, great food and service”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Recommended by a few of our friends, my partner and I decided to have a ride out and try The Priory in Scorton. We live in Blackpool and have never heard of Scorton before, we sure are glad we came to visit and will most defiantly be returning. We were shown to a table in the restaurant, lovely décor. We also had a look into the bar area, the waiter told us it had recently been refurbished. Must admit it looks great, very fresh and bright.

The service was friendly and attentive. Staff were helpful with the questions I had regarding the venue, I was told they have accommodation and cater for weddings. With this information The Priory is a high potential for our wedding!!!

Our meal in the restaurant was gorgeous, cooked to perfection and plenty of it. We did not manage a dessert but there looked like lots of choice from the board.

I would more than recommend you give this restaurant a try, I can not comment on the bedrooms but have been looking on tripadvisor at their reviews for a weekend away and looks like we will certainly book and be returning.

• Visited June 2013
Garstang, United Kingdom
“Standard has deteriorated in the restaurant - gone beyond the point of no return”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My friends and family would come to the Priory restaurant on a regular basis. The restaurant used to be a buzz with activity, cyclists would always stop for refreshments. The proprietors decided to "upgrade" the hotel at the expense of the restaurant. Now the food in the restaurant is exorbitantly priced, and the price of your meal depends entirely on who serves you. In all the time I have been, I order the same meal every time, and the price varies enormously from £10 - £20, and that is just for a main course meal. The staff bar one are aloof and ignorant. The owners when you get to know who they are NEVER smile, they along with the staff look as miserable as sin. The only good thing I can say is that most of the main meals are cooked fresh, but one can tell that certain items have been microwaved, the if the soup is not packet soup I'm a monkey's uncle. I can't speak about the hotel I have never stayed, but the restaurant is nothing to write home about, and none of our family would ever return there to eat again. Not Recommended, High Priced and unfriendly staff. Avoid!

3 Thank TradCatholic
Gary A L, Owner at The Priory, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for your review, I am not convinced that this is a genuine review as a lot of the information written in the review is incorrect, in your review you have rated your sleep quality as
average and the hotel rooms as average, you then go on to state that you haven’t stayed in the Hotel ? I will however reply to each of the stated issues within your review.

Firstly: I am pleased that you found the food to be good, we sell only freshly cooked local produce, Honeywell meats, Dewlay Cheese, Pilling Potatoes, and in the current climate of uncertainty in the origin and content of food produce we feel that this policy serves us well. We are renowned for the quality of our food.

In your review you state that: The Priory has upgraded the Hotel at the expense of the Restaurant.

The Hotel, Restaurant, Café Bar and shop have all been completely refurbished. If you have visited us many times as you say you have, you would know this. Whilst making any changes it is not our intention to make you or anybody unhappy with the product or service that they receive,
Tourists, Cyclists, Walkers and Motorists are all welcome at The Priory.

The food in the Restaurant is very reasonably priced (check the reviews on Tripadvisor to verify this) an 8oz Rib eye Steak is £16.95, and the price is consistent should you eat in the Café bar, Restaurant or outside on the Patio.

The Staff are renowned for their friendly approach and attitude, we have a great team at The Priory and I can honestly state that we don’t have a bad member of staff.

The Priory Soups are legendary, Gill Parker (Chef) is famous for the quality of her freshly made soups, each day there are two soups to choose from.

In conclusion: If this is a genuine review, please give us another try and we will endeavour to make amends, if it’s not a genuine review, then please bring your nephew the Monkey along as we have Banana Splits on the desert menu this weekend, and it shouldn’t be too hard to identify the two of you.

Once again thanks for your review, Gary
Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
“Friendly and welcoming with home cooked food.”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Sitting in the sun , on the carved wooden chairs and tables outside the Priory , in the lovely square of Scorton, certainly takes some beating. With prompt and friendly waitress service , a latte and apple pie goes down a treat. The only thing is it takes alot of effort to get up and leave such a pleasant surrounding.
Home made food whether eaten inside on a cold day by the roaring log fire or outside in the sun was excellent. In fact I am on my way there now.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Simon L
“High hopes”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

After a few busy days at home we decided to take some friends over to try out The Priory as we have recently moved to the area. Now I understand it must have been a busy day as it was a sunny bank holiday but the service was terrible for an everyday person but we had a pregnant lady with us. There seemed to be no staff over 18 who all seemed flustered in a place that wasn't actually that busy. It took ages for our order to be taken, then we were told by the waitress that returned that what we had ordered wasn't available, so we chose something else then to have her return and tell us the original item was available. When the starters arrived one was wrongs and not what we'd ordered, the food was ok. The mains came in ok time and were ok but we were served a bowl of chips that we hadn't ordered which were then added to the bill. After waiting for ages we had to ask for the bill, we were then escorted to the other end of the place to then be served by another girl who was busy and didn't know how to split the bill. It is a shame but no one apologised or offered us anything for the poor service we received. Upon leaving I went to the toilet and the waste paper basket was overflowing onto the floor which was the final nail on the coffin. This is my first ever review on Tripadvisor as I never feel the need, but was inclined to do so after such sloppy customer service, I know I'd be out of a job if my company gave service like this.

• Visited May 2013