“Really Lovely Meal!!!”

Ranked #3 of 3 Restaurants in Scorton
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: http://www.theprioryscorton.co.uk/
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Wow haven't been here since it was just a tea room(a very good one!) What a surprise! The setting is lovely, the menu has a good varied choice and everything we ordered was absolutely delicious and not a bad price either for such good quality food.
With very friendly service, good food, good prices, great setting we'll definitely be back....very soon :o)

There are newer reviews for The Priory

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Saturday night. We started with a drink in the bar. Nice bar area, very cosy with the wood burner on but there appeared to be damp patches on the walls which wasn't nice to look at.

The restaurant was fine, although somewhat lacking in atmosphere it has to be said. And quite cold as the wood burners weren't on in the restaurant.

The food in general was good. Disappointing vegetables but the chicken fillet was generous and tasty. Dessert choice was good, chocolate fudge cake lovely.

The service was very good, although we were asked "...is everything ok with your meals" five times! Why do restaurants do this? Once is enough.

Overall a pleasant evening, a few improvements here and there and this could be a first class place to eat.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Arrived at the priory on a freezing evening .but the wood burners and a glass of wine set us up for our meal in the restaurant .had a lovely meal .room was clean warm and the bed was comfy
Service was good .staff very polite would go again

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I went here just before Christmas with my family and I was amazed at how much the place has changed, its had a lovely refurbishment (my last visit was 3 years ago) We all loved the log burner, it was so warm and relaxing. Staff were busy but attentive and friendly, the food was lovely (I would recommend the pheasant). We will definitely be going back, and my relatives will be trying out the hotel.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I had not been to The Priory for years and so as I was passing through and it was lunchtime I decided to call for a sandwich and fries. I went in and as there was no one in the entrance part. I waited until I saw a waitress and asked where should I go. I was waved at to go up the stairs. No one met me, no one gave me a menu and so I just sat down and waited and waited and waited , then got my own menu. And waited. The food which I got was fine and lots of it, so no problem there, But I found myself constantly having to ask for things like sugar which didn't arrive with the coffee. Then salt which wasn't on the table, then a spoon for the dish of mayo (I eventually gave up on that and used a knife) and all the time staff were rushing about and getting aggitated in the kitchen (I was sat next to the kitchen door and had a good view of all this) and to be honest I couldn't wait to get out of the place. Did I have to wait at the till to pay? No of course not!

Gary A L, Owner at The Priory, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I can only apologise for the poor service that you received. We have been very busy over the Christmas period. We sell only freshly cooked local produce and at peak periods it can take a little while for the food to arrive. We are renowned for the quality of our food and the friendliness of our staff, the kitchen is busy and productive at the same time run in a calm and ordered manor. Each table is furnished with a menu and condiments. This is the first time that we have been made aware of your dissatisfaction and if you would have expressed your opinion when you visited us we would have tried to correct the situation. Once again thank you for your review.