Review Highlights
How Stean Experience

We had a day doing Via Ferrata, abseiling and gorge walking, just us 2, led by Greg. Greg had loads... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Jenny B
via mobile
The Big 5 - fun filled day!

My boyfriend and I took part in the Big 5 activities on Wednesday. The weather was perfect which... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
MTaylorLeeds
Leeds
via mobile

All reviews via ferrata stag weekend hard hats wet suits great campsite rock climbing cafe on site brilliant experience great afternoon abseil canoeing diving instructor adventure activity wetsuits bridge
Selected filters
Reviewed February 23, 2019 via mobile

We visited here after a very wet day and some of the paths were very slippery with recommendation to possibly avoid and one of the caves were not assessable due to lots of water so if you are to visit here and want to manage everything then come in the warm summer months.
So on arrival there is a large carpark just over a bridge. There is a small walk from the carpark to the reception/cafe where we were greeted by friendly staff and paid our entrance fee and were given a location map which directions and routes.
At the start we collected our own hard hats and went through the very clever wardrobe door entrance. We followed the map and did as much as we could but due to the heavy rain a lot we weren’t able to to access due to high fast flowing water or it being slippery. So I would recommend visiting in the warmer months so you get to do it all.
We all really enjoyed our time but we were only there an hour and the best bit is tom cave which is very dark so remember your head torches and torches.
We recommend visiting here if you are in the area but preferably in the warmer months and you will get more for your money and possibly stay longer and paddle in the gorge.

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed January 26, 2019 via mobile

Fantastic afternoon! Thoroughly enjoyed it and definitely worth the money! Will be back and Libby was amazing as an instructor! Safe... helpful... supportive... and there for a push up if you needed it lol! Next time going to try the other activities available.., all in all a fantastic experience with support from knowledgable and friendly staff :-) Thanks again to the fantastic Libby!

Reviewed January 20, 2019

Fantastic location and brilliant via ferrata route. Knowledgeable, friendly and helpful guide. Wish there were more places like this in the UK!

Reviewed January 20, 2019 via mobile

I can’t believe I never heard of this place when it’s only an hours drive from leeds!

Spectacular channels carved out of the rock by the small river.

Really good both educationally and just downright fun for adults and children alike.

Really great to have three hours exploring the gully and caves!

Watch out for the spiders though. I promised my son there were no spiders in January! My God the cave was full of them! Hibernating in the shelter of the cave! Whoooah!

The café and the staff were amazing too really friendly and the glass observation deck in the café was a really nice touch!!!

Reviewed January 12, 2019 via mobile

Many thanks to Adam who made our day an absolute joy. I didn’t believe I’d get round, but he did and he was right!