“Unusual but great glamour camping!”
Review of Silk Pavilions

Silk Pavilions
Reviewed July 8, 2011

My husband and I stayed 2 nights in the Pinnacles luxury tent and loved it. The electric blankets, billy tea and brazier ensured we stayed warm but still had the fun of sort of camping. The pizza and BBQ packs were great for cooking up and the breakfasts fresh and delicious. We loved how quiet it was, the chance to read books, watch the wallabies and the stars and do not very much for a few days!
Thanks very much for a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 6, 2011

Husband and I had a wonderful 2 night escape from the kids here. Even mid winter, we were very comfortable with the electric blanket and patio heater in our eco tent. Will definitely return for a summer visit as well as this is a very different and special experience. The food was divine - from brekky to pizza (prepared and ready to cook on own bbq) but the romantic dinner was honestly, to die for. Sue cooked the best meal we've had in memory (and we eat out regularly) and that alone is a prime reason for us to return. A little visit to Nimbin along with visits from some wildlife to our tent, added to the eccentric nature of the whole experience.

Room Tip: Stay 3 nights so you can try the pizzas, crockpot and romantic spread. We missed out on crockpot but...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2011

We have just had an amazing weekend here and cant rave enough about it. It was just so different, so, so relaxing, secluded and wonderful. We are both city workers in Brisbane and just needed a break away from the norm and the rat race! Initially not sure about the Eco Pavilion but went for it anyway. So glad we did. When you walk in, once you get over the WOW factor the sense of total relaxation takes hold. No TV, no internet, no distractions other than the cute wallabies and the sounds of the odd whip bird. Chilling on the large daybed, reading my book with the sun beaming on me felt like heaven. Bed was very comfy(even electric blankets) tent very clean with lovely linen and cosy blankets. You have to boil the billy to make a cuppa and that was fun. So tea, coffee etc provided. We ordered the winter HOTPOT. Came with a homemade damper. All I can say was..yum.yum!!!! Order one if you get to come here. By the time we left we felt so relaxed, rediscovered ourselves and relived our childhood with a game of scrabble. Oh, reserve The Pinnacle, it has a huge timber bath……..and take the champas!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2011

We don't often have holidays (2 in 18 years!) and this was so beautiful. We needed a rest in the countryside and were so pleased we went to Silk Pavillions. The accommodation is fine very comfortable and interesting. The view is stunning with never ending cascades of clouds over the Border Ranges and Mt. Warning. No matter what the weather you would never tire of looking out the window or walking around the tropical gardens. Wildlife too from wallabies to sweet hens. Sue and John were our hosts and were so friendly and helpful. We had a delicious romantic dinner while watching the sunset in this beautiful place and just loved every minute of our stay.

Room Tip: We loved the Villa - Thai teak & comfortable
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jeni006
Reviewed June 6, 2011

We really didnt know what to expect when we decided to stay at silk pavilions last weekend, We booked online and stayed for two nights, and man am I glad we did!

This place is literally the best place I've ever stayed. I don't give out no.1's willy nilly, but the service, location, rooms, everything was just so cool.

We originally wanted to stay in the Thai villa, but it was booked out, so we chose one of the luxury tents, and I have to say, when we go back again, we will DEFINITLY stay in the tents again. Its like nothing we'd ever stayed in before. It's hard to get the point across that, yes it's 'technically' a tent, but it's so luxurious! Polished hardwood floors, electric blankets, chandeliers, incredible shower, full amenities, personal BBQ, everything. It really is something you have to see to believe.

So, yes, I'd recommend this place 100%, the hosts are so warm and welcoming, the food is amazing, you'll love it.

And to the folks to complained on this site, either they are trying to sabotage the place for some reason (competition?) or they truly are nitpickers, because silk pavilions is somewhere I'm already trying to figure out how we can come back to....and we only just left!

Thanks guys for an amazing time!

Room Tip: The villa is great, but the luxury tents are best!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ladofdestiny
Reviewed June 5, 2011

My husband and spent a romantic weekend at Silk Pavillions where we attended one of their cooking school classes we had a wonderful experience and the food and the accomadation were excellent.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2011

We wanted to stay in the Thai VIlla but this was unavailable for our dates so we decided to give the Luxury Tented Suites a go. I have been trying to get my wife into a tent for years so I thought this was the golden opportunity. So when we arrived we were given a very warm welcome by Sue. We loaded our luggage into the tractor which she ferried to our Suite. We walked the 200 metres.past wallabies, chickens and were just speechless with the magnificent views. Well, when we entered the Tent, all we could say was WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is like something we had never seen before. 5 star I say, all the way!! Plush mink blankets on the beds, lambs wool rugs, polished floors...this is very posh camping. Oh, forgot to mention the chandelier!! The bathroom was to die for as well. Petrified wood basin and large timber bathtub. Thought we were going to be cold but the verandah is decked out with a large patio heater and they even have electric blankets on the bed(which is extremely comfortable by the way). Did not miss the tele one bit. We borrowed a game of scramble and played that for a while until we could concentrate no more as the views during the sunset, gobsmacking. Breakfast was delivered the next morning in the form of a basket of goodies. All fresh, organic and apparently locally sourced. It was so nice and very healthy. I cant tell you how much we enjoyed ourselves. The feeling of escaping life and finding oneself is just magical. I have never stayed in any accom anywhere in the world that I have enjoyed as much. Peaceful, secluded and blissful. Please find time to do this. It is a wonderful experience and worth every penny.

Room Tip: Order the pizza's.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank happynomads5254

Been to Silk Pavilions? Share your experiences!