“Amazing mothers day meal”
Review of The Bull Inn

The Bull Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Rolvenden
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: he Bull Inn, is a Coaching Inn dating back to the 15th century, situated in Rolvenden at the heart of the Weald. With open fires and comfortable surroundings providing a refuse to weary travellers, locals and dogs alike.We pride ourselves on good home-cooked country pub food, using local produce wherever possible. We also offer prize winning wines and beers from local vineyards and the village’s own brewery ‘The Old Dairy’A warm welcome, daily specials and a monthly changing menu await you at The Bull.
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Would like to say a big thank you to all your staff,great service,great food(the beef was perfect medium rare).. See you all soon

Thanks Again

Amanda H, Owner at The Bull Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to put this good review on Trip Advisor! We really appreciate it!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I booked the Bull for my grand-parent's anniversary meal recently. The landlord was kind enough to let us have half of the restaurant for all 24 of us, and organised a lovely set menu. The food was delicious and we had a great evening. We will be back! Thank you Tom and Amanda

Amanda H, Owner at The Bull Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2014

We are so glad you enjoyed our Caribbean night, we all thought it went brilliantly, I never realised Caribbean food could taste so good, well done Pavlos the chef, and thanks for your review! The next themed night is Italian, on 2nd October! Nearly fully booked!

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We had valentines dinner in the Bull. What a delicious meal, the starter was lovely, the main was nice and wow the chocolate fondue to share was amazing. Absolutely stuffed! We were warmly welcomed, the service was good. We will defiantly be back.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

How nice to find a pub still doing a valentines menu today for the people who were babysitting last nite,Fantastic food,very good service even with a party in the restaurant will definitely be going back.

Amanda H, Owner at The Bull Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the trouble to write a review! We were very pleased to hear you enjoyed your valentines evening!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

We have eaten here a number of times over the years and the experience has been mixed.
Last Monday our daughter treated us to a lunch at the Bull and we should have remembered the last time we went on a Monday ! Then we were treated to the least appetising fish and chips I can remember eating...I thought I had offered a review but can't find it ...any way that isn't important ..This time I ordered liver and bacon with mashed potatoes and a selection of vegetables. What first arrived was the liver and mash on their own; no vegetables and no gravy, the young lady said that the veggies were on their way...I assumed that the sauce was also going to come at the same time so I waited a couple of minutes before attacking the liver which was completely dry and done to death. I chewed a couple of bits before sampling the lumpy mash which was only warm and therefore not pleasant. I waited for the young lady to come back but the minutes ticked past and we genuinely thought she had forgotten us. I decided to take the Bull by the horns and took my plate to the bar where there was no one to be found so I made for the kitchen and found that my vegetables were on their way. At the same time the lady from the bar appeared and so I thrust my plate in her hands and explained my problem with the dish and the service. In the meantime my vegetables were delivered to my table and very nice they were too, just a long time too late and still with no sauce. The waitress returned with the chefs apologies and could he cook me something else.
I declined on the grounds that if I have to complain I'm not going to allow the same incompetent the opportunity to do something nasty to my replacement dish.
I hate to complain but I put it down to choosing the wrong day...It must have been the real chef's day off.

2  Thank BHyde43
Amanda H, Owner at The Bull Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

I am sorry that your lunch experience was unsatisfactory. We did try and make ammends by offering you an alternative dish and of course we did not charge you for your liver.
Having spoken to my staff and other customers we find many of your comments are unfounded. The food was not slow to come out of the kitchen and there was gravy in a jug on your plate with your liver. The vegetables followed immediately after.
I understand that your behaviour was arrogant, rude and impatient and as your daughter who paid the bill left a generous tip, I can only assume she too was embarrassed by your attitude..