“Valentines”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Bull Inn

The Bull Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Rolvenden
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: he Bull Inn, is a Coaching Inn dating back to the 15th century, situated in Rolvenden at the heart of the Weald. With open fires and comfortable surroundings providing a refuse to weary travellers, locals and dogs alike.We pride ourselves on good home-cooked country pub food, using local produce wherever possible. We also offer prize winning wines and beers from local vineyards and the village’s own brewery ‘The Old Dairy’A warm welcome, daily specials and a monthly changing menu await you at The Bull.
Cranbrook, United Kingdom
“Valentines”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

How nice to find a pub still doing a valentines menu today for the people who were babysitting last nite,Fantastic food,very good service even with a party in the restaurant will definitely be going back.

Visited February 2014
Amanda H, Owner at The Bull Inn, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the trouble to write a review! We were very pleased to hear you enjoyed your valentines evening!

Northiam
“Don't go here on a Monday”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

We have eaten here a number of times over the years and the experience has been mixed.
Last Monday our daughter treated us to a lunch at the Bull and we should have remembered the last time we went on a Monday ! Then we were treated to the least appetising fish and chips I can remember eating...I thought I had offered a review but can't find it ...any way that isn't important ..This time I ordered liver and bacon with mashed potatoes and a selection of vegetables. What first arrived was the liver and mash on their own; no vegetables and no gravy, the young lady said that the veggies were on their way...I assumed that the sauce was also going to come at the same time so I waited a couple of minutes before attacking the liver which was completely dry and done to death. I chewed a couple of bits before sampling the lumpy mash which was only warm and therefore not pleasant. I waited for the young lady to come back but the minutes ticked past and we genuinely thought she had forgotten us. I decided to take the Bull by the horns and took my plate to the bar where there was no one to be found so I made for the kitchen and found that my vegetables were on their way. At the same time the lady from the bar appeared and so I thrust my plate in her hands and explained my problem with the dish and the service. In the meantime my vegetables were delivered to my table and very nice they were too, just a long time too late and still with no sauce. The waitress returned with the chefs apologies and could he cook me something else.
I declined on the grounds that if I have to complain I'm not going to allow the same incompetent the opportunity to do something nasty to my replacement dish.
I hate to complain but I put it down to choosing the wrong day...It must have been the real chef's day off.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank BHyde43
Amanda H, Owner at The Bull Inn, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
I am sorry that your lunch experience was unsatisfactory. We did try and make ammends by offering you an alternative dish and of course we did not charge you for your liver.
Having spoken to my staff and other customers we find many of your comments are unfounded. The food was not slow to come out of the kitchen and there was gravy in a jug on your plate with your liver. The vegetables followed immediately after.
I understand that your behaviour was arrogant, rude and impatient and as your daughter who paid the bill left a generous tip, I can only assume she too was embarrassed by your attitude..
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Birthday function”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

Hi I organised a 90th birthday for my mother at the Bull 4th January 2014 and it went very well. Tom and the crew made us very welcome, lovely venue, warm log fire and the place is so bright with windows everywhere.

The food was good as was the ale

We have eaten there before and always good food and easy to get in

They support the village as well

• Visited January 2014
Amanda H, Owner at The Bull Inn, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Thank you for your review! So glad you all had a lovely time! Hope to see you soon!
Tenterden, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

We heard that the Bull had a new chef so we thought we'd try out the food. What a treat it was! Fantastic food! Had the steak which was cooked immaculately, think you can tell a good chef by the way they cook a steak, and overall the whole evening was wonderful. Highly recommend a visit. The pizzas looked fantastic too. Good service also. We will be back regularly!

• Visited November 2013
Kent UK
“great food, nice busy village pub, great staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Sunday lunch with friends, good choice of food, 4 empty plates.
Light and airy pub, really busy, friendly staff.

• Visited October 2013