“New chef - beware!”

The Bull Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Rolvenden
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: he Bull Inn, is a Coaching Inn dating back to the 15th century, situated in Rolvenden at the heart of the Weald. With open fires and comfortable surroundings providing a refuse to weary travellers, locals and dogs alike.We pride ourselves on good home-cooked country pub food, using local produce wherever possible. We also offer prize winning wines and beers from local vineyards and the village’s own brewery ‘The Old Dairy’A warm welcome, daily specials and a monthly changing menu await you at The Bull.
Norfolk, United Kingdom
“New chef - beware!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We visited this pub on the strength of the good reviews. It has been tastefully renovated, and the staff were pleasant, but it was quickly apparent that all was not well in the kitchen, (new chef and broken freezer). After several reminders, when we were constantly assured that the food was imminent, my wife and I's pizzas arrived after 45 minutes (my son's burger arrived slightly earlier). We noticed that we were not the only customers waiting for their orders. My wife's pizza was good, but mine was barely edible, soggy in the middle and with masses of half cooked onions and peppers in the middle. To their credit, the staff apologised, and our bill was reduced accordingly.
Given the strength of other reviews, I can only hope that this was a blip in the record of this attractive pub.

1 Thank Richard B
Amanda H, Owner at The Bull Inn, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Hello,
I do apologise again for the time your lunch took last Thursday. It was a most unfortunate blip, as you know, a fridge broke down so all the prepped food had to be re-done afresh - hence the delay. With hind sight we should have offered you an alternative dish which wouldn't have taken so long to come out of the kitchen.
We did try to make ammends but once again I can only apologise for your delay which was due to unforseen circumstances.
I do hope you will give us the benefit of the doubt and try us again.

Kind regards Amanda Harker

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“A great Village pub”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We had a very nice Sunday lunch at the Bull.The food was very good, as was the service.The pub has a lot of charm about it, although it was very quiet for a Sunday lunch-time.The pub has a lot of potential about it,and we could not fault the food or service.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Steve B
north london
“WOW!!!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My self and my wife we had a meal at the Bull inn, as soon as we walked in the placed the staff were so welcoming and we felt very welcomed to be there. we had a nice bottle of wine,We both had starters and mains and WOW the food was cooked to a perfection, to be honest we thought we were in london in a top top restaurant, My wife had the duck and I had the lamp rump again WOW.

Thank you very much Bull inn we shall see you again very soon :-)

2 Thank andrew p
Amanda H, Owner at The Bull Inn, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Wow! I am so glad you loved our food and pub, thank you!
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Lovely Pub”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

What a joy to find such a gem like this! An excellent wine list and a very inspired menu. Inside the mixture between country pub and London win bar worked well. Quirky bulls on the loo seats too! Very much looking forward to visiting there very soon>

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Carolyn H
Tenterden, United Kingdom
“What a fabulous evening”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Went to the pub to listen to some music and have a meal the food was delicious the pizza the best I have had outside Italy there were masses of smiling faces and a friendly atmosphered a great way to spend a friday night.

1 Thank MrsBangbang