“Good eatery”

The Lighthouse Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Walcott
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The nearest larger town is North Walsham, we are located on the Coast Road between Stalham and Bacton - you cant miss us! Steve, the landlord has been the owner here for 25 years - and the Lighthouse is known for great food is cooked on our premises, and as many of the ingredients as we can we source from local farmers and businesses. Our freshly cooked Steak and Ale or Steak and Kidney pies are simply the best in the area, served with either fresh vegetables or chips and loads of gravy the choice is yours. Car Parking and outside tables make this a must visit place. In the summer we have a large marquee, which caterers for weddings and parties along with family entertainment nights at the weekend.
Reviewed October 21, 2020

Visited for my husbands 81st birthday . Very pleasant Staff and a warm welcome, a very good selection of proper food on the menu with local seafood a speciality. The portions are quite large as are the Chunky Chips. Husbands Mixed Grill was excellent as was my Hunter Chicken cooked to perfection.
The staff were very Covid aware and repeated sanitisation was carried out throughout the evening. A very pleasant visit indeed

1  Thank DY200
Write a reviewReviews (789)

Reviewed October 18, 2020 via mobile

I am allergic to alcohol and 3 months pregnant. After a conversation with the waitress about what non-alcoholic beers they served, I ordered a Becks Blue. I was served a regular Becks by this waitress, and began drinking without realising. Luckily my allergic reaction is very sensitive and I realised that I had been served the wrong drink, but only after drinking about a third of a pint. This pure lack of control over what I had put into my body upset me to the point of tears. I was only given an apology by the manager when I asked to speak with her to ensure that this does not happen to anyone else. What if this had happened to a recovering alcoholic, or a designated driver? I would never return here due to how unsafe this incident made me feel.

5  Thank A640KOpippa
Reviewed October 18, 2020

Went to the Lighthouse with a friend last Thursday for a few drinks & a bite to eat,all the staff were without exception very efficient & polite.
We both had the steak & ale pie with chips,the portions were huge, with the pie full of well tender lumps of steak & topped with thick suet crust pastry, the meals were delicious,so much so that we both struggled to get through them (to good to leave any).
Result, 2 very full & happy customer's. Kitchen was due to close at 3pm. 2 people walked in around 10 minutes before & were greeted as usual. Around 4pm some more people walked in, & upon checking with the chef, who was more than happy to accommodate them.
The drinks were all reasonably priced with 2 meals & a total of 12 pints between us the bill came to £64.

Sorry I can't remember the staff names, you know who you are. Hats off to you all. Would definitely recommend the Lighthouse, we will certainly return.

2  Thank G4SFY
Reviewed October 16, 2020 via mobile

Had a lovely meal went for surf and turf which was a big pot of local mussels topped with tasty slices of steak in a tasty sauce and freshly baked bread my husband had the steak and ale pie with mash and veg which was also very tasty good size portion very reasonably priced staff very friendly and helpful, they seemed to have the Covid thing sorted while we where there they where wiping doors tables seating will definitely be back when we next visit Walcot

2  Thank sallywills
Reviewed October 15, 2020 via mobile

We went for breakfast this morning and it was fab, the food was lovely but it was the staff that made it so great. The two ladies that looked after couldn’t have been more helpful or friendly. They really went out of there way to make us feel welcome, even changing our toddlers meal to make it easier for him to eat. We’ll definitely be back on our next Norfolk holiday.

2  Thank Rwalkerolive