It was a 2hr drive from the city to their private port in Badian where I parked my car. On our way, the staff called to check on us and had a speedboat ready when we arrived at the port. It was a 3-5min boat ride to the resort where a receptionist greeted us as we docked and guided us through check-in.
We stayed in a spacious Junior Suite room, had a huge bed, and a nice veranda that was overlooking the sea. It was partially blocked with plants and trees though but thought it was a good view of nature and a relaxing atmosphere. The plants also provided some privacy especially that the open-air bathtub and shower was just next to the veranda. My wife immediately noticed no TV but I was OK with it for some detachment. The refrigerator was small and did not actually cool stuff but they brought bucket of ice to the room when requested. The water heater was not working at first and they were willing to have us transferred to another room because repair can't be done till the following morning. Since we liked the room's view, we just stayed and they had the heater fixed the following morning as promised. We did not find any wifi connection during our stay but I think they were just having problems with some equipment at that time since there were also power blackouts for the 2 nights we stayed. It took some while for their generators to kick in but we didn't really notice how long since we were sleeping.
The food tastes great and I think they must have an excellent chef. It's a bit pricey though comparing buffet selections you can get from other 5-star resorts or hotels in the city. The breakfast buffet definitely had limited selections. They had some entertainment though during dinner featuring Filipino cultural dance. The staff also surprised us with a serenade since it was our anniversary which was really nice and gave a personal touch to our stay. We also had an enjoyable tree planting ceremony.
There is only one swimming pool located near the restaurant, not a big one and no kiddie pool as well. The beachfront was not full of guests at that time so it was a quiet place to relax. There is a game area but haven't really seen much people spending time there. (Why would you when you've got a nice beach in front?) There are also some watersports facilities available for free. They had a bar at the beach front but we weren't able to try it out. They also have a small private beach at the other side of the island where you can snorkel. We took a 15-20min walk there from the resort since my wife is not a fan of boat rides and the tide at that time was not that calm for a small boat either. There is no bar/restaurant there to get refreshments and there is a surcharge for arranging a picnic lunch. The resort also had Spa facilities but we did not try it out. We found it too expensive comparing to spa facilities in other high-end spa or resorts in the city.
Finally, a group of staff bids farewell with a serenade as we boarded the boat on our way home. They are really very good in making your stay a personalized experience. For a romantic getaway and to enjoy each other's company away from the hustle and bustle of the city, it's a perfect place. I think it's too expensive though for the overall resort facilities so I just rated it Average. Is it a nice place to come back though? Sure it is but I'll have to think twice unless I get another good deal from the internet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Badian Island Wellness Resort is a luxurious and therapeutic brand of reclusive open-air relaxation is internationally recognized for the past 30 years. The luxury resort uniquely offers Thalasso or ionized seawater outdoor pools that can ultimately heal and revitalize the body. Today, the upscale resort focuses on sharing the gift of holistic well-being by introducing natural spa treatments, yoga exercises, and organic eating and drinking lifestyle. The exclusive resort offers first-class room accommodations, Wi-Fi Internet access, international cuisines, fine dining entertainment, exciting excursions, yacht cruising, scuba diving, and fun beach activities. Earning itself as one of the premier tourist resort destinations in the world, Badian Island Resort and Spa vows to carry on that legacy for more decades to come. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Travel Book Philippines, Inc. and HRS so you can book your Badian Island Wellness Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Badian Island Hotel Badian Island
- Badian Island Resort
- Badian Island Wellness Resort Cebu Island