The White Lion Inn
  • Pool
$126
$90
  • Restaurant
Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$72
  • Free Internet
$81
  • Room Service
$164
$151
$134
Hampton Manor(Hampton-in-Arden)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe pubstayed herereal alelovely atmospherefor sunday lunchcheese boardevening mealbriebelly porktwo night staysmall roomexcellent value for moneybirmingham airportwi fibreakfast was excellentroom numbermember of staff
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed 1 night while at a conference at the Motorcycle Museum. It's a 20 minute walk to the museum or a 10 minute round the world drive! The village is very pretty and the pub very pub like. So its not a luxury hotel. The room I had was very adequate but not big. Reminded me of french hotel rooms which is perhaps not surprising as the landlady is French. Americans might be disappointed. The bed was merely a double and the doorways quite low/narrow - but this makes it "quaint". The evening meal was excellent with a good selection of beers and a good wine list. Breakfast also excellent with excellent coffee (I think this is really important - which is why the sachets of coffee in the bedroom should be something better than bog standard Nescafe). Free parking. Doors to the bedrooms very thin and the TV almost pointless. Would go again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2013

A group of us stayed here for 3 nights whilst at an exhibition at the NEC. Overall the experience everyone had could not be faulted. The owners and staff were very friendly and the meals were superb. I personaly stayed in room 7 which was one of the larger garden rooms - very nice. Would rather stay somewhere like this than Premier Inn or Travelodge.

Room Tip: Room 7 very good in the gardens.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Guinness4health
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed here because there was a show that I had to visit at the national motorcycle museum. This pub is in a beautiful little village only a few minutes from the M42 and near Birmingham Airport and the NEC. The pub seams to have been recently refurbished to a high quality. The room was small but clean. The quality of the food in the restaurant was fantastic and the beer was of a very high quality.

The only down side was the breakfast as the sausages were dry and it wasn´t up to what I would call a good standard. It was hard to keep the shower at a constant good temperature and the TV was tiny. I read other reviews that said the rooms are cold so I just cranked up the thermastat and it was fine.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank FieldFace
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This pub/b&b is very well located just off the motorway and 10 mins from Solihull. The breakfast was first class. The restaurant whilst some items on the menu weren't available was also very good and well priced, compliments to the chef.

Then we come to the accommodation and this is where it whispers. Yes the room was very small, no chair, bathroom door hinged as to close to the bottom of the bed. TV small yes no bigger than my laptop screen and could have done with swivlling. No ironing board. The back of this wardrobe was falling out. The bathroom lighting could have been more focused on the mirror.

It was clean it was warm and the bed was comfortable.

It wants to minimalist and that's good but for the price it demands some luxury. Better quality furniture and better layout would not go amiss.

It served my needs for 2 nights won't be on top of my list to sleep at when I am back. But I will consider it as a place to eat.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Stephen S
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed here for a work trip, at first glance the accommodaion seemed basic but tastefully done. After a few minutes I realised there was no main light in the bedroom, only bedside lamps which weren't bright enough to be able to do my hair and makeup. So I thought I'd use the bathroom to straighten my hair but there was no plug socket near the bathroom to plug the straighteners into. The tv was also tiny and there was no towel rail in the bathroom and no shelving to be able to put any towels or makeup etc on. Looking under the bed there were huge dust balls and although my room was a fairly decent size, my colleagues said that theirs were tiny. The breakfast was average and the bed was very soft which I hated. I was only here for one night but I can imagine that staying here any longer would be very frustrating. Having said this, the pub itself is very nice and the dinner we had was lovely. Outside there are lovely seating areas around the trees in the garden that would be great on a warn sunny day. I won't be staying again, this place could have been so much better but for the money it's just not worth it!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business