Grand Hotel Moon Valley
$863
$153
$145
  • Pool
Hotel Mega Mare(Vico Equense)(Great Value!)
$117
$443
$399
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Torre Barbara(Vico Equense)
$971
$52
$188
$182
Orbitz.com
Le Ancore Hotel(Vico Equense)(Great Value!)
$182
$166
All reviewstravel departmentpool areabusy roadthomas cooktrain stationbay of naplescourtesy busvico equensesea viewenjoyable holidayfood was finewaiter servicevealten minute walkeach eveninghotel receptionsteep hill
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I recently spent two weeks in this hotel, traveling with a Saga group. I was just delighted with Grand Hotel Moon Valley. This was largely due to the manner in which all associated with it seem to work together as a team - always ready to step in to see that whatever needs doing at any given moment is done. I saw a waiter bringing down suitcases, a van driver helping to set up umbrella tables, the
owner-manager preparing coffees in the bar. I felt that the hotel's wheels are kept turning by
mutual respect and a sense of common purpose.
The location is superb, with Naples, Sorrento, Pompeii, and Herculaneum easily accessible. Many rooms have views across the Bay of Naples to Naples itself, with Vesuvius looming overhead. The town of Vico Equense is within walking distance and is a charming blend of old and new.
I don't know what dining arrangements are offered to guests who are not members of a group; however, I believe that the buffet breakfast is available to all, whether at an additional charge or not. Hot dishes included scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, and grilled tomatoes. There were always freshly baked croissants and rolls and pastries, white and whole-grain bread for toasting, juices and fruit, yoghurt, cereals, cold meats and cheeses, and a large assortment of jams and marmalades.
As Saga guests are on a full-board basis, both lunch and dinner were provided. The food was almost always very good, sometimes excellent, and any culinary lapses were few and far between and usually a matter of individual taste. The pasta was outstanding, especially the ravioli with mushroom sauce and the lasagna with a bolognese sauce so good that one could eat it by the cupful. Vegetables were very fresh and perfectly cooked. Artichokes were in season during my stay and the little hearts were served quite often - a wonderful surprise. Local asparagus, dark green and as thin as a pencil, were also in season and made several appearances. Main courses usually included meat, fish or poultry, and vegetarian options. To complete the meals there were cakes or pastries, gelato (made on the premises), and fruit or cheese. Maître d'hôtel Luigi supervises his staff with a combination of firmness and kindness that seems to bring out the best in those who work under him.
At the end of my stay, I needed a taxi to take me from the hotel to Naples Airport. The driver that Franco in Reception arranged for me - Pasquale LaMura - was a perfect match for my temperament. He drove carefully, observed the speed limits, and did not attempt to pass every other vehicle on the road.
I want to thank Franco and all of his colleagues in Reception for their never-ending patience and helpfulness.
Would I recommend Grand Hotel Moon Valley? Well, if I could, I'd go back tomorrow...

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
8  Thank Velhota
CarloLuigi, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Moon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Thank you for your review, to know your opinion is really important to us.
I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel and services and in particular to hear your positive feedback regarding our staff.
It is hard to find the correct words to thank you

Many thanks and I hope to see you here again in the near future with your family.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We were tired & there you were .So easy to get to & to park.
The staff were very helpful & our room had a great view .It was very comfortable.
Would recommend the hotel to anyone.
Also my wife forgot an article in the closet.They have mailed it to us i Canada.Very much appreciated

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank scaneast
CarloLuigi, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Moon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Hello, we just stayed 4 nights at this hotel.
We found it to be everything we wanted.
The view from our room of Vesuvious, Naples and Vico Equense was truly stunning.
The pool looked really nice, but unfortunately it was too cold for us to swim in, but that was the time of year and not the hotel's fault.
There were a lot of elderly people on Saga holidays, but they were very pleasant and the singing organised for them every night was a laugh.
The breakfast was not amazing, but there was a good choice and we didn't need to eat too much, however coffee was very good.
The staff were very accommodating and in particular we'd like to give a big thank you to Franco Piras on the fron desk who really went out of his way to help us.

Room Tip: Go to the top floor and chose a room with a view of the bay
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
CarloLuigi, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Moon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you for your review, to know your opinion is really important to us.
Franco Piras thank's you, because you listen his suggestion.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We have been to this hotel twice, travelling as part of a group. Very friendly staff, family run hotel, excellent food and nice atmosphere. Location close to train service extremely useful to enable you to visit many historical sites in the Naples area independently, the station is a 5 minute walk away.. Hotel provides local information and advice, and runs shuttle bus services.Beautiful view from rooms at the back of the hotel across the bay of Naples to Vesuvius, and from the front , looking south, to the mountains. We are in our 70's, and would go again.

Room Tip: Third floor, back of hotel overlooking Bay of Naples
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank michael n
CarloLuigi, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Moon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

It was a pleasure to see you both again and thank you for your kind remarks.

We always appreciate feedback from our guests and as I am sure you are well aware sometimes the positive feedback is not as forthcoming as the negative!

We hope you do return again to see us and look forward to welcoming you both back here in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, the staff were very nice and friendly and helpful.
however the internet did not work on the first night, on the second it was very intermittant.
This made it difficult to plan our trip although the staff did say we could use their computer.

The cleanliness of the room was not to standard, dirty shower door,dirt on floor near window in bedroom also bathroom looking grubby.No attention to detail,cleaner not up to scratch!
You could see into the roof in the bathroom!
breakfast very limited choice and although hot wire said breakfast was included we were charged for it,parking is also 10 euros a night.
We are sorry to sound so negative but it could be turned around.
We are unsure as to how this has a 4 star rating,but the views made up for it almost.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Paul T
CarloLuigi, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Moon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you for your review, to know your opinion is really important to us.
I am glad that you enjoyed our services and in particular to hear your positive feedback regarding our staff. However I am sorry that the internet had a bad connection.
The cleanliness of the rooms is something we take great care about , however, we take on board your comments and will take even greater care.
Your booking was for an economy room in the annex building, without breakfast. Instead you enjoyed a room with sea view in the main hotel, in fact 2 upgrades free of supplements.
Because the breakfast was of a limited choice, you were billed 15,00 euros instead of the total of 40,00euros. The breakfasts are charged at 10,00 euros per person, per day.
We are not able to include the parking charge, especially when we are promoting special offers.