“Outdoor dining”

L'Ane Culotte
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2017

Outdoor dining in the sun, staff helpful,however galette ordered for lunch was overcooked egg solid and underneath of galette burnt and crisp.

Reviewed August 31, 2017 via mobile

Calling in on spec as a group of 7, no problems with accommodating us at short notice. 4 adults and 3 children. Staff very welcoming and polite to all, fully engaged with children making every effort to acknowledge them despite the restaurant being busy.
Orders taken and after a short wait 7 meals delivered without fuss, mussels x 4, 2 x chicken nuggets and a rare steak. 7 clean plates later and deserts were ordered. Profiterole x 3, crepes x 3 and ice cream. Again 7 clean plates told the story. Plenty of great tasting food for all. If you visit this place regardless of what you order you Must order thee profiterole for desert!!!
Great atmosphere, great staff and nothing was touch much trouble, I cannot recommend this place enough

Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

Owning a family holiday home here in France we've come here regularly for the past 15 years and the food has generally been good. Tonight the food was just passable but the service was terrible, possibly the worst I have ever experienced in a French restaurant. Not recommended.

Reviewed August 18, 2017

As a group of 7 (including 1 child), the waitress was attentive (but they weren't busy!), however the food was disappointing. The setting was nice, Talmont is a lovely place, above us however they had a settlement of swifts, lovely to watch, but they kept pooping all over our table/food. 4 of the party had set menus, the other 3 chose from the general menu. I had a pizza (Reine) the dough was not cooked thoroughly and raw in middle, despite having a ham and mushroom pizza I had somehow ended up with bits of langoustine (obviously fallen from someone else's plate) on it, not that I was particularly bothered but someone with a shellfish allergy would have.

My mother and father had the steak menu, however they had forgotten my mothers and we had to ask for it to be cooked - unfortunately everyone else had finished their meal by the time it arrived, not really the family eating we were expecting. The steak was cooked nicely for my father 'a point' however when my mothers finally arrived it was very much blue inside (probably in their haste to try and serve it quickly as they had forgotten to cook hers with the order).

My brother had the langustine, unfortunately he was quite poorly throughout the day/night the day after as was I and so the only thing we could relate it to was the food we had eaten together.

At the end of the meal when we came to pay, they tried to charge my mother separately for the menu. We tried to explain that she had eaten the starter, main and dessert from the menu, the same as my father but was charged differently. The waitress tried to disagree, eventually the manager (I think) came over and sorted the bill.

Some of the food was nice, but some was quite poor and for this it's just not worth the risk.

Reviewed August 12, 2017

As title - I always sneak in here for a glass of cider whilst the females are trailing round all the little shops in the village. Always friendly service and not ridiculous prices.