“A superb Sunday Lunch”

The George Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Molash
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A traditional warm and friendly rustic pub in the heart of the Kent countryside that oozes in character with its exposed wood beams, hanging hops, log burner & inglenook fireplace, The George, as it is affectionately known, started life as a farm building in the 1500s and became a pub in 1718. It even has its own bus service, direct from Sittingbourne – just look for the bus with “The George” on the front.The George Inn has 80 seater capacity including its own50 seater restaurant that can cater for all special occasions.Locally sourced seasonal produce is always used to create all our home made dishes by Paul our award winning chef and his team of professionals.You can keep updated with our monthly music & quiz plus other events at the George by looking us up on face book “The George Inn Newham”Food Served Mon-Sat 12- 2.30pm 7- 9.30pm and Sun 12- 4.30p.mOpening hours 11-3pm Mon-Sat, 6.30-11p.m and Sun 12- 10p.m. We recommend booking tables in advance
Reviewed April 15, 2018

4 adults 2 children and a baby enjoyed a wonderful Sunday Lunch. Pigeon breast and Terrine starters wetted our appetites for the main course. The children had sausage and mash and a curry, while we had 3 roast beefs and a steak and kidney pudding all served with perfectly cooked veg. The only minor issue was I would have like the roast potatoes a little crisper

Reviewed April 13, 2018

The George is one of those places that has got it just right. Being in a country location with no apparent local population of any great numbers in the immediate area, you have to get it right to survive these days and The George certainly do their very best, which proves why they are successful.

We went for Lunch and chose their 3 courses for £14.00, excellent value with a wide choice menu of mainly seasonal and local produce. The Neck of Lamb stew with crusty bread is superb, very tasty and not a dish you often see on a menu these days, more the pity as the flavour and quality are superb. There is also a good choice of starters and desserts which compliment the mains.

Beers are also kept to a high standard and this coupled with friendly staff (Thank you Olivia) and good service make this a great place to eat.

1  Thank Graham F
Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

Having numerous people tell me how good the food is I decided to take my family here for a Saturday evening meal. The menu had too many choices of food that I love, on the recommendation of the Landlady I went for the Steak and Kidney pudding, this was the best I have ever tasted in any restaurant, my wife had the Salmon which she thoroughly enjoyed, my sons Girlfriend had the lamb and son had sausage and mash which the both enjoyed. We were made to feel really welcome and the service was excellent. Well worth a visit, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

Visited this pub for late lunch at around 3pm on a Sunday. Place was fairly busy with most tables seated or reserved. We were seated by a window, sadly not the best view of the road/car park but that couldn’t be helped. I found the service to be o.k.. the staff seemed uninterested and disconnected from their service delivery which made the experience feel a little awkward. I felt as though the staff could have been more cheerful and engaging even as late in the day as it was. The food was delicious, very good quality but the portions were small which makes me question whether the prices are reasonable or not. I also felt that the food took a long time to be served, maybe in excess of 50 minutes. Overall a delicious meal but sadly not the best service!

2  Thank nesrene15
Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

Finally got around to booking a meal for four here, thank our lucky stars the food was excellent, service good landlady very approachable looking to book again what more can you say!
We had and recommend Moroccan style mutton, suet steak & mushroom pudding fantastic

Been to The George Inn? Share your experiences!