We stayed in the room at the very end of the corridor (after going down the stairs turn right). The design of the hotel was amazing and the gold rooms are spacious, have fireplaces, patio and large bathrooms. Much creativity, ingenuity, professionalism and passion have gone into creating an exciting boutique five star luxury environment with downsides. The bed was very comfortable; fine pillows, duvet and bedding.
There are 2 downsides for the international luxury traveller - the first being the flies.
There are lots of standing water features at the hotel and unfortunately this breeds mosquitos and flies. They are especially prevalent when you are eating and also the food and drinks at the breakfast buffet has flies sitting on it so do watch what you eat. You get tea and cake when you arrive at the hotel which is nice although one day I noticed 5 slices of cake on separate plates were laid out on a table and all had flies on the cake. I assumed they were unwanted but 10 minutes later when i passed by 5 guests who had just arrived were eating them. The choice of food is limited as the kitchen is small and there are no written menus. There is, however, a blackboard written in Portuguese.
The second downside is that you do not get bills/cheque after each meal to sign, there are no prices and no bills until you check out. So you know what to expect, when we checked out of the hotel and got the bill we noticed our dinners averaged 100 euros for 2 of us including one bottle of wine. Do check your bill carefully before you check out - we were charged 135euros on 3 occasions for a non-existent taxi. They did quickly remove the 3 charges from the bill though when we pointed out the error.
Do not expect professional corporate four seasons type service. Each staff member has their own quirky personality so this means you may click with some of them and not so much with others. The staff do try hard to please though. Also note there is no TV in the room though staff were always trying to help and brought us one as there was one spare. The breakfast buffet is cold but they will do eggs for you if you ask.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magical place in a magical setting, Areias do Seixo is a natural haven less than one hour from Lisbon. This is a special place where pine trees, dunes and sea murmur their secrets. Experience originality, sublime comfort and an unerringly sense of style that seamlessly blends in with the natural surroundings of the land, the sea and the shore. Each room tells its own intriguing story. Our restaurant transports you to a place where aroma, taste and colour come together, using raw materials sourced from a bountiful Mother Nature. Concealed behind the enigmatic wooden doors that lead into our SPA, a world of unique sensations awaits you. Leave the daily grind and the stresses of life behind you. Let yourself be transported back to an almost forgotten time when "to feel" was activity enough. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MrandMrsSmith, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Areias do Seixo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Areias Do Seixo Charm Hotel And Residences
- Areias Do Seixo Portugal/A Dos Cunhados