My husband and I spend 4 magical days at this hotel. As previous reviewers have mentioned, it's architecturally stunning. It's obvious that the owners aimed for a seamless blend with nature and the surroundings and they have achieved this. From the moment we arrived we were treated like old friends. I must admit, it took me a good 2 days to fully relax and come 'round to their way of living and service but this is not a reflexion on the staff/hotel but rather on the hectic pace of life in London. For instance, there's no hard and fast rules on when to book dinner, lunch etc. Just show up when you feel like it! Breakfast is served till around 10am which is great for a lie-in. There's no lunchmenu which I found odd initially but only because I'm used to the set "rules" and order of a "normal" hotel. Instead, tell them what you're in the mood for and they'll make you something delicious. Evening meals- again no menu as such. The waiter will tell you the dishes of the day and let you decide on one. Again- seemed strange initially but we soon came 'round to this relaxed approach. Don't go on a tight budget though as with no menu there's also no price. We didn't ask- found out the total bill for total stay when we checked out. We tried several Portuguese wines as recommended for us- all delicious. It's worth mentioning that all the fruit and veg is grown in the hotel's vegetable garden and all organic. Hubby and I ventured down to the beach one day and had a snoop around the veg garden. The lovely gardeners invited us in and we had a nibble of the fresh strawberries- YUM. Speaking of yum- a HUGE thank you to the lovely lady who baked the surprise cake for me, it was absolutely delicious. Such a shame we forgot some of it there when we left.
The rooms are stunning. They are all unique and I'm already planning our next trip to try a different one. We stayed in Prata and the bathroom had me speechless. There's no mini bar or tv in the room and although I did miss the mini bar aspect, it would have ruined the whole look of the room and it was absolutely fine for our short stay. I can imagine it being a bit of a issue for long stays though. Hubby and I had a back and shoulder massage in the spa and it was lovely. Next time I'm booking two! I left feeling relaxed, at peace and with some amazing new music on my iphone- I forgot her name but we chatted for ages, thanks for all the recommendations!!
Looking forward to seeing you all again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magical place in a magical setting, Areias do Seixo is a natural haven less than one hour from Lisbon. This is a special place where pine trees, dunes and sea murmur their secrets. Experience originality, sublime comfort and an unerringly sense of style that seamlessly blends in with the natural surroundings of the land, the sea and the shore. Each room tells its own intriguing story. Our restaurant transports you to a place where aroma, taste and colour come together, using raw materials sourced from a bountiful Mother Nature. Concealed behind the enigmatic wooden doors that lead into our SPA, a world of unique sensations awaits you. Leave the daily grind and the stresses of life behind you. Let yourself be transported back to an almost forgotten time when "to feel" was activity enough. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MrandMrsSmith, Travelocity, Orbitz, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Areias do Seixo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Areias Do Seixo Charm Hotel And Residences
- Areias Do Seixo Portugal/A Dos Cunhados