“This place definatly has the chill factor”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of One Chapel Terrace

Dining area
Lots of wonderful walks
St Lawrences Church in the village
Church
Mother nature at her best
Glorious
Scenery
Complimentary selection of toiletries
Rear view
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Andrea A
Southport, United Kingdom
“This place definatly has the chill factor”
Reviewed January 6, 2015 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

What can I say what a lovely place this is the cottage was lovely clean spacious had all we needed and more, we spent the 1st couple of hours just settling in and chatting me and my friends don't get together very often so when we do it needs to be somewhere special and comfortable and this hit the spot I have to say I was a bit nervous when we walked in because I had chosen the cottage but hearing all the oooo,s and ahh,s from my girlfriends I knew I,d got it absolutely right because believe me I would never have heard the end of it otherwise,once we,d settled in we then took a walk too the pub were we found the nicest food and the friendliest people we have booked again for this year and I can't wait thank you so much owners for allowing us into your lovely cottage I haven't stopped raving about it since I got back home my extended family are going to be booking with you too thank you again

Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
wales4you
Southport, United Kingdom
“Fantastic, cant wait to go back.”
Reviewed January 6, 2015 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

Booked this amazing place for a short break over the chritsmas period, Christmas eve and day, home boxing day, and WOW, were we in for a treat.

Easy to find, only a very short, easy drive from the exit of M6. On arrival, followed the easy entrance instructions, to find a lovely, homely, cosy warm comforting open plan kitchen and living room. 4pt Milk , fresh bread, tea, coffee, hot choc, jam , butter marmalade etc , all there ready for us to make a well earned cuppa. We settled in to our rooms, we had the room at the back, lovely large room, with a skylight, and beautiful view over the fields at the back. My father and step mother, and other friend, had other two rooms at the front.... though no noise at all.

There's a handy booklet to have a quick browse through when you get there, just to familiarise you with the likes of central heating. (underfloor) downstairs , and radiators upstairs, nice and toasty, sky tv ( fantastic), local walks, and the general area , helpful phone nos , including the owner, if need be , and also, instructions for the hot- tub!

Once unpacked, we strolled the couple of mins up to the local pub, the Butchers arms, and thought we'd grab something to eat, but, unfortunately as it was christmas eve, they were fully booked, but, did russell us up some fantastc chip butties with dips, perfect.
Cracking little pub, really friendly. We had also forgot to bring our xmas crackers??? And the lovely landlord and landlady, kindly offered us some, free of charge to, so we donated to the local charity.

Used the hot-tub Christmas morning, oh my lord , it was fantastic, easy to use, only two buttons to press , bubbles and light, how hard can it be? Dont know how on earth, people struggle with that, any way, it was a lovely to crack open a bottle of bubbly and sit in the hot-tub and while away an hour or so, not every christmas morning you get to do that!

The cottage has a very modern feel to it, I personally loved the open plan kitchen, and loved the massive oven and cooker, everything there that you need, microwave, including dishwasher and washing machine. Loads of pans, dishes and cutlery, though couldnt find a corkscrew, just remembered that, so maybe bring one just incase..... we usually do.....
There is also a downstairs toilet and shower room ( big rainforest shower ) which comes in really handy with a houseful. There is another toilet and bathroom upstairs, we did run a lovely hot bath, but the plug got stuck, we let the owner know, and it was fixed straight away, no problem, again, finished to a really high spec.

Cannot recommend this place highly enough, though I feel I should be keeping it a secret and not telling anyone else about it.
Looking forward to booking again in the summer....... Oh, its also, dog friendly too, and they also have spare food and water bowls etc, so will be kidnapping our neigbours dog, very very soon.

Hope you all enjoy as much as we did

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: everything
Liked least: nothing
Traveling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
J3419TRma...
“Not what it should have been”
Reviewed January 4, 2015 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

Stayed as a family prior to Christmas. We originally booked this cottage as a bit of a family chill out 20th to 23rd December. On arrival we were impressed with the decor and especially the kitchen, the bedrooms and bathroom good too, good so far. We pretty much went straight out to the pub (2 min walk) for dinner and a couple of drinks. When we got back we realised that the convenience pack listed, was missing the bread and milk and having had a couple of beers we were unable to drive to the shop (in Shap) so we went through the evening without a brew...no big deal but should have been there. After a night in we went to bed and found the squeakiest bed around was ours for the night! I'm not talking vigorous activity here...just moving resulted in a really loud squeak..funny to start, annoying after an hour, torture after 3 nights! Anyway, up and away early to the shop for bread and milk meant that by the time I'd returned all of the hot water in the inadequate cylinder had been used in 3 brief showers (sleeps up to 6). Beginning to feel like we were being filmed here for people to laugh at our reactions. We spent the next couple of days out and on the 3rd night decided to sample the jacuzzi. We lasted 5 minutes as the water was not warm enough and the heater appeared not to be able to heat it any more. As a family who were chilling out before the Christmas rush I wasn't in a position to be sending lengthy emails or ringing to complain (there is no mobile reception anyway) so I waited to bring complaint when I returned. As there was a number of issues with the payment of the booking, albeit not the owners fault, Holiday Lettings were to blame, I decided to wait until my £50 security deposit was returned to me until I made complaint. Frankly I'm sorry I bothered as I found the owner incredibly defensive about the issues I raised. I was told the boiler and jacuzzi were new, so they must be ok, bread was in the freezer (that must have been the half used loaf we found) and if I would have said during our stay, she would have come round to tighten the screws on the bed! Whilst apologetic, she very much missed the point that I booked a 'luxury' cottage with jacuzzi...what I actually got was a nicely furnished cottage, with user issues, and a cold jacuzzi. I asked for a part refund and was offered £70 out of a £400+ booking. I refused and decided it best share my truthful and accurate experience on here. My advice, go as the other reviews suggest different, I just wonder if people are being nice and not saying how it is...after all, wouldn't everyone be raving about a bubbling luxurious jacuzzi otherwise?

8I9Dav3
Southport, United Kingdom
“peace ,quiet & luxury in a beautiful part of the country”
Reviewed December 14, 2014 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

A great place to chill out & get away from it all, would definitely recommend , the hot tub was great even though it was a freezing December night we were still toastie warm! , the area is very picturesque & there is a great little pub 2 minutes walk down the road. We look forward to returning.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
naomik772
“Perfect”
Reviewed October 28, 2014 for a stay in October 2014

Myself, partner and Labrador had a wonderful stay at chapel terrace! Cosy accommodation with lovely decor a real homely feel. Everything was just as described. Highlight had to be the hot tub!! Quiet location surrounded by endless fields very picturesque. Highly recommend The Butchers Arms the food was devine. Will be staying again next year :)

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Charlyylo...
“Loved it!”
Reviewed October 17, 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

We had travelled nearly 3 hours to get to the cottage and all we wanted was a cuppa and with the welcome pack we have bread milk butter and Jam was perfect! The local pub was fab and the hot tub was amazing! we will defiantly be going again! X

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Jen02carl
“Perfect stay :)”
Reviewed October 12, 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

Myself, my husband and my 20 month old son spent a long weekend at One Chapel Terace. We were absolutely delighted with the cottage, it is a perfect blend of both modern and traditional. The cottage much to my surprise was extremely spacious, my little boy absolutely loved bring chased around the kitchen island :) I honestly could not fault anything, everything we could have possibly needed was supplied. The area is just beautiful, there is a little park for little ones only a few minutes away along with a local pub which serves delicious home made food. All the local people are very nice and welcoming. Now...let's not forget the Hot tub which is just perfect after a day if walking and chasing the little ones around, perfect way to relax of an evening!! No words can do the cottage justice, we absolutely lived our stay so much so that we have booked again for next summer. We have recently stayed at the recently new number Two Chapel Terrace which again was just perfect in every way. All in all I would definitely recommend this little gem, clean, spacious, modern and a beautiful place to visit. Having met the owner I can see where the beautiful touches to the cottage have come from. Thank you so much, see you next summer :)

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing