“Wonderful cottage”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

shaunb398
Sandbach, United Kingdom
“Wonderful cottage”
Reviewed May 17, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

My partner and I booked this cottage with two of our friends for the weekend. We arrived and we were very pleasantly surprised by the cottage. The decor in the cottage is modern, the kitchen is enormous and the garden area is superb (due mainly to the hot tub). There are three cottages in a row all with separate private hot tubs but one huge shared garden, there were only 4 of us but it would be ideal if there was a large group or family to rent all three cottages. The surrounding area is lovely with plenty of walks and picturesque villages. The two minute walk to the local pub is well worth it, the food is amazing and the atmosphere is friendly. I stupidly left some items behind when I stayed, the owner was extremely helpful and posted them back to me. The only minor minor issue is that the bathroom doesn't have a shower curtain or a fitting for the shower to hang on. Other than that it is a fantastic place to spend the weekend and we will most certainly be be booking again.

Dawn P
“What more could you ask for”
Reviewed April 3, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

When you walk in to anywhere and your first word is ‘Wow’, then you know the owners have achieved everything they wanted for their guests. You can tell how much thought, blood, sweat and tears have gone in to making this a ‘home from home’. We could not of asked for anything more, the cottage, inside and out is beautiful. From the ‘welcome gifts’, the lights around the hot tub and even a picnic basket, all of it was very thoughtful. Sitting in a glorious hot tub, with the sun shining, looking out over the fields could not have been more perfect for us. What more could you want. We will definitely be returning for another break, this place is ideal for relaxing and enjoying some down time. However, I am pretty certain if you wanted to ‘party’ then you would be more than welcome too.

Ladyt25
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Just what we needed”
Reviewed February 26, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Just returned from a two night break with 4 friends (and 3 dogs) for my birthday. The cottage was lovely and the hot tub definitely a great little added bit of luxury especially as we weren't lucky with the weather!!

The location is fab, lovely and quiet with footpaths right on the doorstep so great for getting the dogs out - we even saw a red squirrel right outside the kitchen window which was a first for me and an added bonus!

Sadly the torrential rain turned the babbling brook into a torrent within a day so I think a revisit in the summer is necessary! Ha ha

I didn't recall being aware the cottage had underfloor heating so this was a great plus as, given the horrid weather it certainly kept the room cosy.
If I was to be picky there are just a couple of things I think could be improved (mainly these were noticed because of the wet weather). A heated rail in the porch - everything got so wet and, as we couldn't control the heating the radiators didn't kick in so we couldn't dry things. This is not ideal when you come in with soggy dogs! In addition a mat in this area for muddy boots/dog paws would also help.
I'm not sure how you'd manage if staying for a longer period either as there didn't appear to be a washing machine anywhere?
We did originally book cottage 1 but were moved to 3 due to a boiler incident. It did make me wonder if 3 was still going through some refurbishment as there seemed to be some bits that were unfinished (no shower screen, the shower not attached to the wall). In an otherwise very well done out cottage this just didn't seem to fit in. Also, a baby gate would be great so that dogs cannot get up the stairs. Our dogs were pretty good but it's hard to make dogs understand they're not allowed to go upstairs.

I certainly would recommend these cottages to friends - especially those with dogs as they are well designed for a sociable break away.

Steffi H
“Wish we could have stayed longer”
Reviewed December 22, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

I rented this with a group of friends and we loved it! The cottage is beautiful and it was lovely and warm (very important for November). We loved the hot tub and location, we just wish we could have stayed longer! The host was very helpful and we managed to get a lot out of our trip.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing