“Another Good Meal”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Visited the Glyn y Weddw with my 92 year old father for a Thursday night carvery. I have eaten many times at the Glyn y and have never been disappointed. This pub provides exactly what it promises. Good value for money food in a friendly environment. As well as the food they offer a good selection of beers including guest ales and the house wines (reds) are excellent.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is exactly what a pub should be. Friendly landlord and staff, great pub food, and good selection of beer and wine.
The food is particularly good, and very reasonably priced. Make sure to look at the specials board, some fab meals listed! I didn't see the specials board until I went to order my food from the till, and quickly changed my mind!

1  Thank Will_owen
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Recommended by Kevin and Michele at Craig y Glyn, this beautiful pub didn't disappoint. Good service, atmosphere and great, great food

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

The website prides themselves in delivering home cooked food of good quality! We arrived approx 5pm I had the carvery and my partner went for the Italian burger! The carvery was awful was like it had been sat there all day, poor selection of veg, poor temperature and the Yorkshire puddings were the cheapest frozen ones money could buy, to think I was looking forward to a nice home cooked meal this was far from it!
The burger was well presented but for £9.50 you expect to have the best burger you've ever tasted, was nothing special the chips once again not home made, cheap frozen ones! We were really disappointed with the standard of food especially with the price being so high you expect the highest quality! Will not be visiting here again!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Visited twice – first for lunch, then the next day for dinner.

Lunch included an absolutely superb, home-made vegetable soup (and various sandwiches that satisfied all our appetites). The atmosphere was good, and the bar/restaurant was family friendly (we had a small baby with us) – so we went for dinner the next day.

Dinner was typical pub food – lasagnes, chicken fajita and a marvellously hot Mexican chicken and chilli beef. Service was quick, and the whole party enjoyed the food that they’d ordered.

Worth a visit for a relaxed meal.