“Great bar meals at Gretna Chase Hotel”

and 1 more site!
The Gretna Chase Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Gretna
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great bar meals at Gretna Chase Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2011

We ate in the bar here twice on consecutive nights a couple of weeks ago (13th and 14th November) as the main restaurant was close. To be honest the decor was little dated and there is an awful lot of brass, also evidence of a lot of awards/near misses in what must have been it's hayday around 25 years ago. The service was good, the food was excellent - we both had medley of fish and chips on the Sunday - what I call 'posh fish and chips' - delicious and too much for my wife! I had a rump steak from the specials board on the Monday - really good. Also highly recommend the Belgian Waffles from the desserts specials.Would eat there again if in the area. Cannot comment on the rooms though as we only stayed at the Travelodge down the road.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dlonra2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

Ended up at this hotel for 2 days for my sisters wedding when Whitecroft mansion, where we were origionally booked, went into recievership! Beautiful grounds, efficient check in, all our rooms were different, whole hotel was spotless, food fab and staff very helpful. After our disappointment of not getting to whitecroft, the chase couldnt have been more helpful to my sister by putting together the package she wanted. Personally i think we ended up in a far superior hotel, that was comfortable, great service, efficient bar staff and fab food! You wont bedisappointed

Room Tip: family fooms huge, Romeo and Juliet suite unique
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank ponty55
South Leverton, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

My family and i stayed at the chase for two nights,the hotel was spotless,the staff were extremly helpful and friendly.the accomadation was at least a 4* as it was spotless comfortable and very homely.the food was amazing and if was planning on visiting scotland would most definatly stop again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank RikkyDavies
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

My family and I stayed at The Gretna Chase Hotel from 19th August 2011 until 22nd August. There were 25 of us and not one person could fault the staff, the accomodation, the food or the level of service we experienced whilst staying there !! In fact they went out of their way to make my reception, after the wedding, just perfect. I could never thank them enough for making our special day/weekend the most memorable time of our lives. We will be going back for many anniversaries to come !

Room Tip: All rooms were stunningly and tastefully decorated - the honeymoon suites were beautiful.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank Debbie T
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

I came and stayed at the gretna chase hotel from saturday 27th of august until monday 29th august. We had a part a party of 40 people. Me and my husband stayed in the adam and eve room. It was stunning! I couldn't fault it any way. We had plenty of room for me and the bridesmaids to get ready. We even had a bottle of sherry and chocolates left. We had a whirlpool bath and robes and slippers to use. It was just lovely. We got married on the sunday at the old blacksmiths workshop and then came back to the gretna chase for our reception. We were greeted with our arrival drinks and welcomed back as mr and mrs. We were then shortly taken through to our meal. The room was set up beautifully. We gave claire all of the stuff that needed to be set up on the tables and it just looked stunning. The meal was perfect. We had big portions and it just tasted lovely. I was so full I couldn't squeeze in a sweet. In the evening we had the dj come too and he was great. The waitresses were constantly coming around and cleaning up and were just brilliant. We have twins who needed bottles. The hotel provided the milk and warmed the bottles for us. Our cake was all cut up perfectly and put it the cake boxes supplied by us. I can't stress enough how perfect our day was. I cannot work out why on earth I have read up on bad reviews as I really feel they cannot be talking about the same place. I wouldn't change any thing every thing was perfect and I am so pleased we had it there! I would recommend this hotel to anyone for a wedding or just for a holiday. You won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed August 2011
7 Thank katietills
Tillicoultry, Clackmannashire, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

Our family went to the Gretna Chase Hotel last Thursday 25th Aug for our son's wedding on the 26th. The brides family flew in from Austria at the same time and we all stayed at the hotel until the 27th. I cant thank the staff enough for making this day so special and the kindness and expertise they showed was second to none.

Our son and his new wife have had a terrific start to their married life and I would heartily recomennd this hotel to everyone who has a special day soon in Gretna. Thank you to the little lady, I never got her name but she was so sweet and kind. Just a lovely person as were the other staff at the hotel. We had booked for the family the executive rooms and they were excellent. Having everything in them that you would expect from a top hotel.

So all who work there and those who own the hotel I say 'Three Cheer's to you all and thank you from us all.

Room Tip: I can recomment the executive rooms. They are excellent
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank jacsimo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

My partner and I went to view the Hotel as we are getting married in Gretna next April and have chosen Gretna Chase as our hotel. Soooo pleased that we did too, it's PERFECT. Pat showed us around ans was lovely and accomodating. All the staff have been really helpful also, Claire and Pat have been very welcoming. I can't wait for next year now! ;)

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank TandLG
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gretna
The Gables Hotel
#5 of 5 in Gretna
Solway Lodge Hotel
Solway Lodge Hotel
#4 of 5 in Gretna

Been to The Gretna Chase Hotel? Share your experiences!