1,004 results
All reviewsailsa suitegarden roomwedding receptionbridal suitelovely hotelanvil hallfour posterevery member of stafffirst classdb bjacuzzi bathfull scottish breakfastlounge barwedding mealbride and groombed and breakfastwedding guests
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Have just returned from Gretna after getting married. Stayed at The Gables and held the reception there also. The place is wonderful and the staff are amazing, nothing was too much trouble and have never met such a friendly bunch of staff. Such a friendly place which we cannot recommend highly enough, it truly is amazing. Bedrooms were spacious, clean and light. Reception room was set out beautifully. If you're looking for somewhere to stay in Gretna, look no further.

Room Tip: All rooms were great.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Nothing was too much trouble for the staff here at The Gables Hotel. I left my pyjamas in the room and they sent them back to me. Other hotels would have been put out but Jane was amazing and really helpful.
Thank you. If I am ever in Gretna Green again, we will definately come and stay with you.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We stayed at The Gables Hotel for two nights (13th & 14th Mar) for sister in-law’s wedding and found the hotel to be really good. The rooms are quite large and have a comfy bed, coffee making facilities and a adequate bathroom. The heating in the room is good, as the weather was cold whilst we were there we turned up the thermostat on the radiator and the room was plenty warm enough, too warm in the end. We stayed in the new part of the hotel so the corridors and rooms were well decorated and modern looking, however, we did find the walls to be quite thin as we could hear people talking in the room next door, not clearly but it was still there.

The bar area downstairs is really good, we enjoyed some drinks in here and it was a good atmosphere and nice surroundings, the food and drink was slightly over priced but you have to understand there is not a lot of choice in the area so it is understandable.

We had breakfast at the hotel, you can help yourself to cereal and OJ and can order a cooked Scottish breakfast which I had both days and was amazing. On the day of the wedding we lunch at the hotel also which was really really tasty and very well presented.

All the staff we encountered were friendly and processional, check-in and check-out was simple and straight forward. If you are staying in Gretna for whatever reasons, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank Sunshine_Mark
Reviewed March 24, 2012

got married at the anvil hall and had our reception in the garden room , the staff were excellent and the meal was amazing we had the room for the whole evening and had a cd player with our own music , we paid extra for the alisha suite and was well worth the money would recomend it , our wedding was organised by the gretna wedding bureau and they were fantastic we paid extra for a horse and carriage and would highly recomend this too could not fault the service at all

Room Tip: pay the extra for the alisha suite its amazing
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Got married here 23/02/2012 and I can't find one bad word to say. From the moment I turned up on the doorstep to the moment I left everything was more than what I expected. The hotel, the staff, the service was all brilliant. My wedding was the most amazing day ever, and I can't thank the gables enough for that, and for making all my guests feel exactly the same. Perfect perfect perfect. Can't wait to return for our first anniversary!

Room Tip: Pay alittle extra but the alias suite is the best! Especially if you are getting married and need extra room to get dressed!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family