Solway Lodge Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Gretna Hall(Gretna Green)
View Hotel
All reviewsmain buildingwedding receptionhoneymoon suitebar areafunction roomnothing too much troublefamily weddingevening mealfriendly atmospherecannot faultlovely staffsecond to noneexcellent value for moneybooked this hotelwould highly recommend this hotelthank you so muchspecial thanks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We used the hotel as a stop over on our journey south to England. For a stop over it was a nice hotel, comfortable rooms and OK food. The staff were very friendly & happy. Was not so pleased when I heard the manager offer reluctant guest £10 a night off their room price bit did not offer it to me.

It is looking dated and not sure if I would like to spend a holiday there.

One thing that annoyed me was the 'Free WiFi in all parts' This is not true, it would not reach our room and we needed to go down to the bar to use it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a night while at a wedding. Hotel was good, the bar area is nice, food is good value and the service is great. If you are looking for somewhere cosy and relaxing to chill out for a couple of day's it's ideal.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Hotel was good and welcoming when we arrived and throughout our stay. The staff were friendly and helpful whenever asked for anything. We had booked out most of the rooms for 2 nights for a wedding party and expected chaos when people checked in but it all went really smoothly! The food for the wedding reception was lovely until the dessert. Everyone commented on the fact that you could choose your meal on the day and commented how lovely the all the starters and main courses were until dessert time and the people that chose cheese cake were bitterly disappointed. It really wasn't nice and slightly warm. But in fairness overall the food was very good. (put beans on the breakfast menu) The rooms are very varied attention being paid to certain rooms. The honeymoon suite is nice, but only what most people would expect from wedding suite, (needs a new mattress) The bar was nice and the atmosphere in the place is good. Only thing I was shocked by was a comment when I ordered my daughters breakfast and was told she wouldn't like it as she said yesterday! Well my daughter is three and took this as she didn't have to have it not good! Overall its a lovely place to have a wedding reception and the lamb shank is amazing

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Have just returned from the most lovely 3 days at the Solway Lodge, for a family wedding, The staff made us feel so welcome,nothing was too much trouble and seemed part of the whole celebration. The rooms were lovely and so quiet when you have come from London, you really appreciate that. The post wedding meal was the most delicious I have ever eaten at a wedding,the organisation was flawless. The children were made to feel so welcome and had a great time. We will miss the breakfast with the family each day it really was such a special time, we will without doubt be planning a return visit.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I got married in Gretna on 2nd March 2013 and chose Solway Lodge for our stay and wedding reception. I can not praise this hotel enough. The honeymoon suite was lovely, food amazing, and the service was second to none. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff. Our family stayed at the hotel too and have all commented on what a lovely place it is to stay and what a great time they had. I hired the function room for our wedding meal and reception and it was just perfect for our needs. I will definitely be staying here again when we return to Gretna for our wedding anniversary next year!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family