“Great service and good food”
Review of The Rose & Crown

The Rose & Crown
newcastle
“Great service and good food”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Visited bar restaurant one busy Friday night with relatives (8 of us). Despite being crowded, the staff were really efficient in serving drinks, taking orders for food and then serving what we had ordered. We got really good quality food at very reasonable prices. Looking forward to going back! Would recommend for an informal dinner.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

I spend a lot of time travelling with work...and I'm always dubious about places off the beaten track.

I didn't need to worry here though.....

Super room...good bathroom too. I ate I the pub too and the food was good and good value too.

Staff very polite and arranged an early breakfast for me too.

On the whole....super effort all round

• Stayed November 2012
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stayed for a couple of nights, food great , beer perfect , easy access to bath by bus which goes on the hour right opposite the pub, 25min journey £4.80 return. Recommend the belly pork and the ceasare salad.The management couple we exceptionally freindly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2012

As others have written, excellent room, friendly staff good food (both breafast and evening) and good ale. Unfortunately my three nights were spolit on Saturday by the local pub customers whose loud talking after midnight and the noisy terrier owned by one of them rather dampened my views. I could not understand why this occured as on the Friday night there were over 50 people at a party in the restaurant, the bar was full with bar meals and I heard nothing. I thought they were in the outside smoking area but as the temperature was minus 1 I doubt I was right. Hopefully, the new tenants will sort out the little problems and I have no hesitation in recommending them for accommodation or food.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2012

excellent accommodation, friendly staff, great food, fantastic ale!
really friendly staff, amazing surrounding village, great scenery around the village
loved the open fire in the pub and the general atmosphere! friendly people, lovely places, we will definitely come back & recommend to close friends!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We went to the Rose & Crown last Sunday evening before taking some family members to the airport. It is the only pub open in Hinton Charterhouse on a Sunday evening (open from 6pm). The food was freshly cooked and we all enjoyed our meals and it seemed to be reasonably busy. We didnt have to wait too long and we didnt have to book a table either. Parking at the pub is also very good with lots of space. Overall offers traditional pub food and is worth a look at least once.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
UK
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Went into the pub/restaurant for Sunday roast dinner on the way back from Southampton.
It was the tiniest portion of Sunday roast I ever had. It was the first time I ever felt hungry after having a Sunday roast dinner. I could still eat my own arm after I finished it. And they charge nearly £10 for it! It wasn't that bad if it tasted amazing, but no, it was just average.
Never again.

#1 of 5 in Norton St Philip
High Beeches
High Beeches
#15 of 154 in Bath

Been to The Rose & Crown? Share your experiences!