We stayed here for 3 nights between Christmas and New Year. I planned to propose to my girlfriend and had spent hours trawling through the internet trying to find somewhere that was reasonably priced but still special. I contacted the hotel by email and all my mails were replied to instantly by the staff (even at 10pm). My decision to stay there was made.
From the moment we arrived, the service was just brilliant. We stayed in Room 18 which had recently been refurbished. With an enormous bathroom (with a huge bath and powerful separate shower) to the separate sitting room over looking the bottom of the garden an fields, I just couldn't have wished for more.
The communal rooms are just lovely with fires burning away and comfortable sofas. Some hotels can feel a little sterile in trying to be too perfect but this just felt homely and right.
The food is every bit as good as previously mentioned on here. I cannot find ANY reason to fault it and it is as good as I have eaten anywhere. We were slightly saddened to find out that someone had finished off all the Pauillac the previous night but we were recommended the Brio de Cantanac Margaux that was just superb and complemented the food perfectly (indeed we had another 2 bottles over our stay). The service was excellent - our glasses were always topped up and we never found ourselves waiting at all.
The second day on our return from Bath, having suggested we wanted to take a walk locally, we were presented with our own map and headed off down in the beautiful villages on Freshford and Upper Westwood.
That evening, having proposed (and she said yes!), I could not get over every member of staff congratulating us as we bumped into them over the next day (and I mean everyone!). It was totally unnecessary but was indicative of the attention paid.
When we felt like staying in, the staff provided DVD's for us to watch in the comfort of our own sitting room.
Overall, probably the best hotel I have ever stayed in. The only thing it missed was an indoor pool - with that, I'd never go anywhere else! As it is, we look forward to returning again and spending another evening in front of the fire playing backgammon until the early hours!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Homewood park Hotel & Spa A luxury hotel country house hotel in Bath with a warm and welcoming fusion of the contemporary and the classic. Set in 10 acres of mature parklands and award-winning gardens with gorgeous views over of the beautiful Limpley Stoke valley, Homewood Park is delightfully rural and peaceful, making it a great hotel in Bath. Step inside and you will find the house still retains many of its original features, including exposed wooden floors, antique paintings and roaring log fires, all artfully combined with stylish modern furnishings, fabrics and finishes. During your stay, you can also enjoy our luxury hotel spa which includes a hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room and heated outside swimming pool. Our award winning restaurant provides fine dining at the highest quality, another great reason to stay at Homewood Park. The result of this, is a great Bath hotel with a refreshing fusion of the conventional and contemporary cool and chic We are certainly very happy to accommodate and cater for children of all ages. We are also a pet-friendly hotel and for a small fee we are delighted to welcome your dog. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Homewood Park Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Park Hotel And Spa
- Homewood Park Hotel Hinton Charterhouse
- Homewood Park Somerset
- Homewood Park Hotel & Spa Bath/Hinton Charterhouse