We were originally booked to stay at the Bishopstrow House Hotel near Warminster. We had booked 6 months in advance but were telephoned 2 weeks before our stay to say that the Bishopstrow had a wedding and they had overbooked. They had offered to move us to the Homewood Park which were not very happy about.
However they offered us a very good deal and the whole matter was dealt with very professionally.
On arrival at the Homewood they knew that we had been moved and put us into a very nice Junior Suite overlooking the gardens.
The bed was huge and they room was lovely with the only dissapointment being a weak shower.
We decided to eat in the main restaurant for our evening meal and from there onwards our experience went onto a new level.
I knew the food had won some awards but were absolutely delighted with the quality of food and Service. It is my belief that the head chef there, Daniel Moon, must be close to receiving his first Michelin star - it really was that good!
The grounds are lovely and well kept and most of the staff are very friendly.
The only downsides are that is does not have an indoor pool or spa where the Bishopstrow does.
But in future I would probably stay here in preference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Homewood park Hotel & Spa A luxury hotel country house hotel in Bath with a warm and welcoming fusion of the contemporary and the classic. Set in 10 acres of mature parklands and award-winning gardens with gorgeous views over of the beautiful Limpley Stoke valley, Homewood Park is delightfully rural and peaceful, making it a great hotel in Bath. Step inside and you will find the house still retains many of its original features, including exposed wooden floors, antique paintings and roaring log fires, all artfully combined with stylish modern furnishings, fabrics and finishes. During your stay, you can also enjoy our luxury hotel spa which includes a hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room and heated outside swimming pool. Our award winning restaurant provides fine dining at the highest quality, another great reason to stay at Homewood Park. The result of this, is a great Bath hotel with a refreshing fusion of the conventional and contemporary cool and chic We are certainly very happy to accommodate and cater for children of all ages. We are also a pet-friendly hotel and for a small fee we are delighted to welcome your dog. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Homewood Park Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Park Hotel And Spa
- Homewood Park Hotel Hinton Charterhouse
- Homewood Park Somerset
- Homewood Park Hotel & Spa Bath/Hinton Charterhouse