I stayed here for a 3 day Christmas break and had little in terms of expectations as I've never stayed in a hotel for Christmas before. Upon arrival the staff were very helpful in assisting us to our room with our mountain of luggage. The room itself was very nice, a twin room with a separate lounge area which was unexpected but ideal for a Christmas stay.
Dinner on the 1st night was pleasant but not without it's bad points - my haddock and mash arrived purely as mash...no haddock whatsoever on the plate, plus both of our main courses had to go back as they were cold (mine arrived back with the fish successfully on the plate and warmer too). Once they got it right, the food that we had was very nice.
The quality of the food at breakfast was good however none of the staff seemed to know what was going on, there was little direction and it seemed like there was a lack of communication throughout. Christmas Day lunch was much the same. My party was the first to be seated at the 12:30 sitting and had a relatively smooth experience however there were many understandably distressed guests around us experiencing terrible service and delays on food, I empathise with peoples complaints on here. Management of the day was not very good, i think we were fortunate to have had a lucky escape before things got too out of control.
The hotel is in nice grounds, although smaller than expected, there are some nice areas to wander around.
Also, Bath town centre is a short drive away and a lovely lovely place which we thoroughly enjoyed visiting on Boxing Day.
Many of the staff were very nice, it's just unfortunate that there was no much in the way of management and communication. With some significant work this could be a wonderful hotel - the spa and pool is worth a visit on a quiet afternoon, lovely jacuzzi and heated outdoor pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Homewood park Hotel & Spa A luxury hotel country house hotel in Bath with a warm and welcoming fusion of the contemporary and the classic. Set in 10 acres of mature parklands and award-winning gardens with gorgeous views over of the beautiful Limpley Stoke valley, Homewood Park is delightfully rural and peaceful, making it a great hotel in Bath. Step inside and you will find the house still retains many of its original features, including exposed wooden floors, antique paintings and roaring log fires, all artfully combined with stylish modern furnishings, fabrics and finishes. During your stay, you can also enjoy our luxury hotel spa which includes a hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room and heated outside swimming pool. Our award winning restaurant provides fine dining at the highest quality, another great reason to stay at Homewood Park. The result of this, is a great Bath hotel with a refreshing fusion of the conventional and contemporary cool and chic We are certainly very happy to accommodate and cater for children of all ages. We are also a pet-friendly hotel and for a small fee we are delighted to welcome your dog. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Park Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Park Hotel Hinton Charterhouse
- Homewood Park Hotel And Spa
- Homewood Park Somerset
- Homewood Park Hotel & Spa Bath/Hinton Charterhouse