Homewood Park Hotel & Spa
$76
Widbrook Grange(Bradford-on-Avon)
$134
$121
Travelodge Bath Waterside(Bath)(Great Value!)
$66
  • Breakfast included
Travelodge Beckington(Beckington)(Great Value!)
$46
Travelodge
The Abbey Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
$183
$99
$368
$329
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsoutdoor pooljunior suitegarden suitesauna and steam roomon arrivalafternoon teaelemis toiletriesfree standing bathroll top bathhuge bedlovely hotelblack puddingcream teabirthday treatmy mumrelaxing stayspecial occasion
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the junior suite for 2 nights after our wedding and the setting was perfect.

Good points..
Beautiful gardens,
Spacious and luxurious room, Easy access into bath.
We were able to walk across the lawn to the spa from our patio doors and have our breakfast on our private patio.
Staff were very accommodating and friendly - they always said hello and made conversation.
Lovely yet small relaxing spa area with outdoor pool only (warm)
Roll top bath and huge bathroom.

A couple of negative points tho.. Being charged an extra £5 for breakfast in your room.
Very creaky floorboards from the room above. The people above woke us up when they got up in the night and when they got up in the morning. You could hear them talking and could hear their tv.
My hubby ordered some flowers and chocolates for me from the hotel and was charged £40. There were 6 tiny chocolates and a small bunch of flowers - not worth his money at all.

I would definitely stay here again as it was very relaxing and friendly however I didn't think it was worth the money we paid.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank rossyd78
Josh W, General Manager at Homewood Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you for your recent review.

May I firstly wish you congratulations on your recent marriage.

I am delighted to read that there were many positive aspects to your stay, and I have passed your lovely comments onto the team.

However, I am disappointed to read that you felt the prices for chocolates and flowers were too high – the truffles charged at £9.95 are handmade in house by our dedicated Chefs and flowers are ordered from a local florist to the value specified by the guest, however I am more than happy to pass your feedback onto the florist.

The team and I all look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Recently went for Sunday Lunch and what a big disappointment! A good welcome, good menu but then sadly went downhill. Food was average and some of it had been cooked much earlier and kept warmish. But the service was worse- we had to wait up to 45 minutes between the courses- the staff just vanished. Not likely to return.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Vjohn

Thank you for your recent review.

I am disappointed to read that you did not have an enjoyable experience whilst joining us for Sunday Lunch. I can only apologise that things seemed to go wrong on the day – we pride ourselves on offering fantastic service and superb food, as you will see from the majority of reviews. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I will certainly be investigating what happened on the day.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies and I do hope that this will not put you off returning in the future.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Visited for 2 days as a birthday treat for me from my lovely wife.
What a spectacular entrance to the park with manicured lawns and formal gardens; beautiful.
We were given a cracking corner room with views overlooking the gardens and across the valley to the east towards Bradford-upon-Avon.
Room was spacious, clean and comfortable and well maintained. A creaky old difficult_to_open chest of drawers was the only frustration in there.
Bar and restaurant are both very welcoming and nicely decorated, the staff polite and helpful, and the food was fabulous (and surprisingly reasonably priced as were the drinks).
The spa is a lovely modern addition tucked away behind formal hedges. Perhaps a bit limited in size and the outdoor pool would have benefited from more sun loungers.
As another reviewer has noted there was a lack of attention from bar staff while at the spa area. There is a phone which can be used to call reception, but not a substitute for an efficient waiter.
Overall a wonderfully relaxing break, and very close to Bath for sightseeing.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room for the dual-aspect
1  Thank Judgmental

Dear Guest

Thank your recent review.

I am delighted to read that you had such a wonderful time with us to celebrate your birthday.

Thank you for all of your wonderful comments, which I have passed onto the team. And for your constructive feedback which we will be looking into.

The team and I all hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Almost everything about this hotel is top quality. The rooms are large and well appointed, the beds are huge, the breakfast is up to the expected high standard and the free spa facilities are excellent.
It is comparable to better known (and far more expensive) establishments like the Macdonald Spa and is to be thoroughly recommended at all levels.
The only thing that lets it down is that some (and only a very few) of the staff are either not sufficiently trained or have lost the enthusiasm that is required. As an example, on arrival, we could only find the receptionist by penetrating to the inner recesses of the kitchen. At breakfast, despite the fact that there were at least four staff on duty, there were no cereal bowls and orders were not being taken promptly. These are little things and only minor irritants against the overall extremely high standard of the hotel. But it rankles simply because it is so good and, with just that little bit extra, could be perfect.
Don't let these minor gripes put you off going - by the time you read this they will be resolved (I hope!) and you are in for a treat. Four and a half star treatment at three star prices.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Josh W, General Manager at Homewood Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for your recent review.

I am delighted to read that you had such a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed all of the facilities and services on offer.

We have just recruited some new team members who are currently working their way through our intensive training programme. I do hope you will return to visit us in a few months time when all the staff have completed their training and then we can hopefully exceed your expectations even further!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Just had 2 days here to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Really we couldn't fault the hotel. We arrived early but there was no problem checking in then. We found to our delight we had been upgraded to a suite which was lovely. Lounge looking out over the garden and the pool. (Shame the weather wasn't better!) Biggest bed ever... fabulous bathroom. Just fab. The spa area looked great but on this occasion we didn't use it! (Too busy) The restaurant was lovely. Great choice of food, excellent staff. We had a fantastic meal on the night of our anniversary. This hotel should definately shout about it's chef! Also we were treated to a complimentary glass of champers because it was a special occasion, which was a welcome treat. We will certainly recommend this place to our friends! We also recommend it to you :)

Room Tip: Just ask.. I am sure the hotel will do their best for you
3  Thank Juliet1961
Josh W, General Manager at Homewood Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your fabulous review.

Firstly, may I personally wish you congratulations on your recent anniversary.

I am delighted to read that we were able to make your stay that little bit more special with little touches such as a complimentary upgrade to the Suite and complimentary Champagne.

The team and I all hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards