“Lovely hotel, shower a bit rubbish” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Park Hotel & Spa

Homewood Park Hotel & Spa
London
“Lovely hotel, shower a bit rubbish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Really nice hotel with a good feel. Beautiful gardens, and pool. Restaurant and food amazing. The room felt a little dated and the shower was a dribble. Other than that, it was great. We went here to use it as a base to visit longleat and it suited us perfectly

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Josh W, General Manager at Homewood Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.

I’m pleased to read that you had a great stay with us, thank you for all of your feedback which we take on board.

I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Gloucestershire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Had a night stay here for our wedding anniversary. Spa facilities are very nice especially the outside pool. Room was very spacious and beautifully furnished. I think the prices in the restaurant and drinks were very expensive but overall we had a very nice comfortable stay.

Dear Guest

I am pleased to read that you had a very good stay with us at Homewood Park.

The team and I all hope to welcome you back in the future.

london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We came here returning from a holiday in Cornwall. It is quite beautiful, the drive the gardens and the hotel is exquisitely maintained. There is a great pool and a lovely spa. This is a superb chillazing place. Service was attentive with excellent staff. My wife had a great massage.

The only downer which should not stop you staying here were the flies in room 5. It was clear that they had been around for a while because there were telltale signs on the ceiling. The staff responded well, but they did not have another room.

Im sure it was only a minor glitch, and this is not a regular issue. This place is fab, and would be great for a family celebration. The food is superb and the wine list well chosen. We will return but Mr Manager please sort out the flies they were very irritating!!!

Room Tip: Make sure you do not have room 5!!!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Josh W, General Manager at Homewood Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review.

I am pleased to read that you had a very enjoyable stay with us at Homewood Park, and I have passed all of your kind comments onto the team.

Thank you for your honest feedback, we take all comments on board as we continue to try and exceed our guests experiences. I’m sorry to read that you had a small problem with flies during your stay, due to the hot weather, and that as we were fully booked we were unable to change your room. Please be assured that as soon as you raised this with the Reception Team we immediately contacted our contractor who came in to deal with the problem as soon as the room was vacant following your departure.

I do hope this small issue will not stop you from returning to stay with us in the future, and the team and I all look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for her 30th birthday.

The hotel had been recommended to me and so I exchanged a few e-mails and booked a two night stay (Sat&Sun) which included two spa treatments and dinner on one of the evenings.

The hotel is very pretty and is situated in lovely sculptured grounds.

We arrived early and was told that we couldn't check in until 2.30pm and so explored the local countryside.

When we checked in, we were taken to our room (10) which was clean, reasonably sized with a lovely ensuite bathroom. The TV must have been over 5 years old which when you pay the amount you pay to stay at the hotel, perhaps some more modern mod cons would be expected.

The bed was massively comfortable and the curtains were great at blacking out the room in the morning.

I did however have reason to contact reception as the view that we had from the room was not the view that was arranged from the outset. The view should have been of the lovely gardens (my wife is a keen gardener)' however whilst the view was of the valley in the long distance, the short distance involved much flat roofing, messy and unsightly cabling and general untidiness. The response I got from reception was very disappointing in that they said, 'people do get moved around to accommodate other requests!' with no apology whatsoever. Ordinarily, I wouldn't mind, but when you pay £650 for two night's stay based on the the e-mail exchange where reception say that they have a beautiful room onlooking their pretty gardens, I was a bit disenchanted, particularly when you mention this to reception, forward the original e-mail and still don't get any acknowledgement that perhaps the hotel havent provided the accommodation that was originally stated and agreed.

That said, the restaurant was amazing. Whilst not cheap, the Fillet steak was the best my wife and I have ever tasted and so we both had it both nights. Wine very good too. There is a waiter called Simon I think-very good indeed! In fact all of the staff were brilliant in the Restaurant. The only prob with the restaurant was the flies and wasps-quite a few of them!!!!!

The hotel could do with some more communal areas, and I think would benefit hugely from a Gym to compliment the Spa.

All in all very good, but in future, I would a)consider where else I could stay for the price, and b) agree and ensure that the hotel adhered to the criteria in which the booking was made.

C

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. May I take this opportunity to personally wish your wife a very happy 30th birthday.

I am delighted to read your comments regarding the Tides at Homewood Park Restaurant – I have passed all of your kind comments onto the food and beverage team, who all work extremely hard to meet and exceed our guests expectations.

However, I am very disappointed to read that you did not receive the room that you had expected when booking. Room 10 is the largest of all the Deluxe rooms and is very secluded and quiet, however, where it is located on the top floor it does not offer garden views, as you had requested, instead it offers views over the Limpley Stoke Valley. I can only apologise for our mistake in allocating you the wrong room, which was obviously an oversight on our behalf. I do hope this did not impact your stay too much and that you were still able to enjoy a peaceful weekend away. Unfortunately, we were fully booked otherwise we would have been more than happy to have complimentary upgraded you to a room which better suited your requirements. Please be assured I have spoken to our Reception team regarding this matter to ensure it does not happen again.

Please do not hesitate to contact us directly by phone to discuss your requirements when you next decide to return.

Bude, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

We spent two nights at the Homewood Park at the beginning of August and had a wonderful time. The room was spacious and comfortable and after long days visiting some of the great local attractions (Farleigh Hungerford Castle is an absolute must) we were content to relax in the room (hence we never made it to the spa). We ate in the hotel both nights and were very glad we did; the food was beautifully presented and every mouthful a pleasure. The staff were courteous and friendly, particularly the dining room staff who very patiently answered all our numerous questions about the source of the ingredients. We would happily have extended our stay - highly recommended.

1 Thank Fionagh H
Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful review.

I am delighted to read that you had such a fantastic stay with us, and enjoyed every aspect of the hotel. We strive really hard to meet and exceed our guests expectations so I am pleased to hear we succeeded on this occasion!

I have passed your kind comments on to the team, and we all hope to welcome you back in the future – maybe for a visit over Christmas where the focus is on the enjoyment of good food and great surroundings.

Hong Kong
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Perhaps my expectation was too high. I was expecting a hotel with a lot of charm with attentive service, instead the service was variable. Overall, the service was average and no one was eager to make the guests feel at home which I find most important for a country hotel.

The property itself was nice and we had a great room in the new annex. The gardens were beautiful.

Nevertheless, although the food at dinner time was good, service was not up to the same standard. What was most disappointing was breakfast time, the waiters were different (French) at breakfast and it took us a long time even to just place our orders, none of the waiters took notice of us even as they walked past our table on several occasions. Food at breakfast time was distinctly average.

It is a pity that such a nice property is run in such an impersonal manner. Is the hotel in private hands or it is owned by a corporation?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank doobeebaby
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review.

I am pleased to read that there were many positives to your stay with us, including our beautiful gardens and dinner in The Tides Restaurant.

However, I was disappointed to read that we let you down in terms of service. We pride ourselves on offering only the best service to our guests, as a small hotel we like to offer the personal touch, but obviously we missed the mark this time and for that I can only apologise. We take all feedback seriously and will use this to continue to improve our service.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

On paper, this hotel has everything: great location; excellent food; wonderful spa and comfortable accommodation. However, it did seem rather expensive,especially for drinks. We also found the atmosphere and ambience a little lacking. Most of the staff we saw seemed to be very young and inexperienced. They did a good job but we didn't feel particularly welcome.
Our room was larger than average which was good. The bed and pillows were very soft though. Look out for low doorways and a few flies! The Spa is pleasant but outside the main hotel- not sure what the walk would be like wearing towelling slippers in midwinter!
Bath was very busy but worth the effort. Always a wonderful city with lots to offer!

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the food served in the Tides Restaurant.

However, I am sorry you found some things lacking. We take all feedback on board and I will be raising all of your comments with my management team to ensure that we constantly improve the product to meet (and hopefully exceed) our guests expectations.

We do have a few members of the team who are younger, but this is because we believe in investing in the future generation of hoteliers. We provide them with full training and support them whilst they study for their catering qualifications and the vast majority of our guests appreciate this investment.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hinton Charterhouse
The Bath Priory
The Bath Priory
#11 of 34 in Bath
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,213 reviews

Been to Homewood Park Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!