Overnight stay with mother for a 2day visit to Bath. Hotel is about 6miles out of town so we used our car to drive to Bath centre. Wonderful setting, beautiful grounds. First impression was 'fantastic, this is going to be great', as we drove up the drive and caught view of the beautiful building. Greated nicely at reception but our room wasn't ready for another 20 minutes. The staff were courteous and suggested we took advantage to look around the hotel and maybe have a drink in the gardens. The actual reception desk area could do with improvement as visually this was just a desk plonked at the front door with printer on another table - looked a bit messy which detracted actually from the niceness of the rest of the hotel. It was a scorching day so we sat in the lovely spa courtyard and enjoyed a light lunch and glass of wine. Bar menu very limited but what we ordered was very nice (butternut risotto and cheese sandwich). I honestly had the feeling I was sat somewhere in Tuscany! Our server was so helpful despite the fact we had her running around for brochures and menus on such a hot day. She spent ages talking to us about what to see and do in Bath (management, please congratulate the dark haired girl from Sheffield workin on the 1st Aug - she was wonderful).
We were helped to our hotel room which was a upstairs junior suite (room 19) which was much more than I expected. It was big and lovely decorated. We had a sitting room with TV and magazines, a very large bathroom with shower and deep freestanding bath and Elemis shower products. The bedroom was lovely and I was taken back by the amazing views from the window of the spa pool and wonderful green hillside. I selling point for me! My mother thought the room was far too hot and there was no aircon. We were at the top of the hotel in what was like a loft conversion style with slanted ceilings ( mind your head in areas!) I loved it though and didn't mind the warmth, but we were brought a fan (on second time of asking).
We had evening 3 course meal in the hotel restaurant which was lovely. Service by all young staff very good. Food wonderfully presented and mine was wonderful. Mother had steak (quite expensive at £29), cooked lovely but the pepper sauce was bland and thin.
Breakfast was lovely.
Spa outdoor pool was great on such a hot evening. Pool lovely temperature. There are only a few outdoor chairs and loungers though.
overall, I would recommend, and I would stay again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Homewood park Hotel & Spa A luxury hotel country house hotel in Bath with a warm and welcoming fusion of the contemporary and the classic. Set in 10 acres of mature parklands and award-winning gardens with gorgeous views over of the beautiful Limpley Stoke valley, Homewood Park is delightfully rural and peaceful, making it a great hotel in Bath. Step inside and you will find the house still retains many of its original features, including exposed wooden floors, antique paintings and roaring log fires, all artfully combined with stylish modern furnishings, fabrics and finishes. During your stay, you can also enjoy our luxury hotel spa which includes a hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room and heated outside swimming pool. Our award winning restaurant provides fine dining at the highest quality, another great reason to stay at Homewood Park. The result of this, is a great Bath hotel with a refreshing fusion of the conventional and contemporary cool and chic We are certainly very happy to accommodate and cater for children of all ages. We are also a pet-friendly hotel and for a small fee we are delighted to welcome your dog. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Homewood Park Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Park Hotel Hinton Charterhouse
- Homewood Park Hotel And Spa
- Homewood Park Somerset
- Homewood Park Hotel & Spa Bath/Hinton Charterhouse