“Had a lovely relaxing time”

Homewood Park Hotel & Spa
bs1983
“Had a lovely relaxing time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel on a deal and it was very reasonable. We were in one of the not so good rooms but I expected that. Being an old house our room smelt a bit of drains which was unfortunate and the mattress needed replacing. The hotel facilities were really nice though! Loved the Spa and dinner and breakfast were good! It's only a small menu and there was just one vegetarian option on there but luckily it was delicious! I would definitely stay again but I'd splash out and book one of the more swish rooms :)

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank BonniePhillips83
Josh W, General Manager at Homewood Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review on your stay at Homewood Park.

I am delighted to read that overall you had a wonderfully relaxing stay with us.

If you are looking to splash out on your return visit, may I recommend one of our Junior Suites - they have wonderful spacious sitting areas and excellent views!

Kindest regards

Joshua Watts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a short break here - loved the breakfast, enjoyed the spa and liked the setting of the hotel. Good staff, friendly and helpful. The basic room was clean and nicely decorated-probably would rate the room a 3 star but the rest of the hotel deserves its 4 star rating.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Carol U
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review regarding your overnight stay at Homewood Park.

I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and I hope to welcome you back in the future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband booked a night here as part of a trip to longleat. As we were travelling with a 4 month old baby, were recommended to book a garden suite for added room. Definitely worth the money at the reduced rate but I wouldn't pay nearly £500 at the usual rate for it. Huge room, more like an apartment. Comfy bed. Lovely views of the garden & really near the spa. & pool. I had a great massage at the spa & a relax in the jacuzzi whilst my husband took the baby in the heated outdoor pool. We ate dinner at the pub in the village, I think called The Inn, which was fabulous after a recommendation (and table booked for us) by the receptionist at the hotel. Breakfast was plentiful with cereal, pastries and a full English - including a vegetarian option for me. Staff were very friendly & helpful - especially considering we brought a 4 month old baby with us which could have meant we weren't the ideal guests but everyone was attentive to him. The grounds are beautiful - my only negative would be that in the garden suite, people can walk through the grounds & straight past your window if the curtains are open so privacy could be an issue. Otherwise, I wish we had been able to spend more time there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Louise C
Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful review regarding your recent stay with us.

We know it can be hard when travelling with a little one, so I am delighted to read that we were able to take a little of that stress out of your trip! And that you were able to take advantage of the wonderful spa treatments on offer.

The team and I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

My wife and I held our wedding at Homewood on the 8th June 2013 and we cannot speak highly enough of the facilities and all of the staff. Everyone was very impressed with the way things were handled and the day wouldn't have been so special if ot wasn't for the staff.
All of our guest were thrilled with the food and accommodation and they will all revisit at some point over the coming months.
We couldn't think of any negative points as they were all so happy and helpful and we have rebooked the whole hotel for our 1 year anniversary in 2014.
Thank you all at Homewood for making our special day even more special than we could ever of dreamed of

Alex and Sabrina

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Sabrina J
Dear Alex & Sabrina

Firstly, the team and I would like to wish you Congratulations!

We are delighted that your special day went perfectly, and we cannot wait to welcome you and your family & friends back next year!

Kindest Regards

Weymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

We can't wait to go back.Our accomodation was just factastic. The staff were wonderful. They were genuinely caring in every way. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. We had our dog Rosco with us and he was made extremely welcome The pool and spa area are spotless and totally relaxing and the gardens are the icing on the cake.Housekeeping took pride in their work. It was a magical experience, thank you.
Kathleen Jackson
Ireland

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank kathleen j
Josh W, General Manager at Homewood Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Ms Jackson

Thank you for your fantastic feedback on your recent stay with us at Homewood Park.

I am absolutely delighted to read that you had such an amazing stay, and that Rosco enjoyed himself too!

Thank you for all of your wonderful comments, the Team and I cannot wait to welcome you all back soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Amazing stay here, staff are friendly, food was excellent and our room was beautiful! i would definitely come back here.

When we arrived we was shown to our room. We had a 4 poster bed and the room was overlooking the gardens, the beds were so comfy. We went down for Afternoon tea and it was delicious and lucky for us the weather was great so we was able to sit outside and have it.

We also had dinner and breakfast at the hotel and all of it was really nice. I haven't got a bad word to say about my trip, I've enjoyed my stay very much.

I only wish i could of had a treatment at the spa, sadly this was booked as a surprise for me from my boyfriend and he didn't realise you had to book in advance. We ended up going to the Thermae Bath Spa instead and too be honest i think i would much preferred a smaller spa to relax in, it was a bit hectic there and couldn't really relax.

Thank you Homewood Park hotel for a lovely stay

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alanakate
Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful review.

I am delighted to read that you had such a great stay with us, and were also blessed with great weather during your time here!

The team and I all hope to welcome you back in the future

Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

I have just returned from having afternoon tea at Homewood Park. We were a party of 6 ages ranging from 18 to 94. We were there to celebrate my nieces 18th and my grandmas 94th birthday. On arrival we were able to park outside the main entrance in the disabled ca park and my grandma was able to get into the hotel and to the table. We had our pot of tea served to us and then after 3/4 of an hour my sister went to reception to ask when was the food going to be served as we were all getting hungry. She was told there had been a mix up in the kitchen and the food had only just started being prepared. We had made the booking a month before so they should have been prepared for us. When the food came you could no fault it., it was delicious. I Had to ask for another pot of tea as the service was non existent.

I then enquired if there was a disabled toilet for my 94 year old grandma, I was told they did not have one, I said surely that is illegal in this day and age. Luckily my grandma at this point had had only 1 cup of tea. She did not want to risk another cup as she knew she could not go to toiilet.

When we settled the bill they had put a 10% service charge on the bill, they would not take it off even though we said we were not happy with the service we had received.

Would not return here for afternoon tea. The hotel and grounds were amazing. So. Can imagine an overnight stay would be great.

Out of interest can anyone tell me if a 4 star hotel like this should provide a disabled toilet. What if my grandma had desperately needed the toilet what would she have done. There is no way she could have got up from the toilets they provided.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank bunnj
Josh W, General Manager at Homewood Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review regarding your Afternoon Tea.

I am disappointed to read that there was a mix up on the day, and that you did not receive the high levels of service that we pride ourselves on offering. I can only apologise for this, and please be assured I have raised this with the relevant Heads of Departments and instructed them to investigate what happened.

Unfortunately, as a traditional country house we do not have specifically adapted disabled facilities, however we do offer ground-floor ladies and gentlemen’s bathrooms, which I hope would have been suitable for your Grandma. Specifically adapted facilities are a requirement of new build properties.

If you would like to contact me directly to discuss your afternoon tea experience with us, please feel free to contact me at the hotel on 01225 723731

Kind regards

#12 of 35 in Bath
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,323 reviews
Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel
The Royal Crescent Hotel & Spa

Been to Homewood Park Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!