Stayed here for a romantic night away as we wanted a spa hotel that also had great food. The food in the restaurant was truly fantastic and I would certainly return again for dinner as I live not far from here. However, the hotel I would not be rushing back to. Firstly, I emailed the hotel to ask what time check-in was.....and I am still waiting for my response a couple of weeks later!! Simply issue, but irritating. There are many positives here - the grounds are beautiful, and the house looks wonderful from the outside. We also liked the spa area too. But we experienced the same problems as many other reviewers have stated. Firstly the spa - you have to walk outside to get to it, so I implore you to upgrade the quality of the slippers provided as they fall apart when wet! I appreciate they need to be disposable, but when asking guests to walk outside, I know there are better quality ones out there! Secondly, please please just get a water cooler for the spa! As others have said, empty water jugs and dirty plastic cups everywhere are not nice. When I did find a 'clean' cup it frothed with washing up liquid! An easy thing to fix. We had plenty of towels and loved the steam / sauna room. It is very small spa though - only 4 beds, which if occupied means you can't lie down by the pool inside.
The hotel room itself was very large, but there were no hotel details in the room - the receptionist told me to ring if I wanted anything, but what is the number???? No details of restaurant opening times, if room service was available etc.. again another point that is easily resolved, but isn't! The style is unique - complete with 'worn in' bedside tables with chips and cup ring stains. There is no mini bar in the room, nor any biscuits / nibbles provided with the tea / coffee which is unusual in a 4 star hotel. I am not a fan of two single beds pushed together - falling down the gap inbetween is not comfy. The shower in the bathroom had horrendous water pressure - girls with long hair like myself will struggle to rinse out shampoo, and the bath was so narrow, my broad shouldered other half nearly didn't fit in it! The cardinal sin in the bathroom was a dirty towel, which turned my stomach. The barman was fantastic, as were the restaurant staff (apart from the chap at breakfast who was quite miserable). We booked a table for dinner at 7.00pm, and were running slightly late (trying to rinse my hair out!), and at 7.10pm we had a phonecall from reception asking where we were and were we coming for dinner. Fair enough we thought if they are busy, however when we rushed down there, we saw only 1 other couple in the restuarant!!! Why the pressure to hurry?! The food was 5* 10 out of 10. Perfection in fact. We left a large tip at the table, only to find in the morning when checking out that we had been charged again for restuarant service - so be warned it is compulsory anyway. Breakfast was hilarious - I have attached a photo of my scrambled eggs. My boyfriend joked to 'not eat it all at once' as it was quite the smallest portion of eggs I have seen in my life. As others have said, 1 sausage, 1 egg, 1 slice of bacon, half a tomato. So do fill your boots on the cereal and pastries as the portions are tiny here. I also agree with others views on the refurb of the dining room. It doesn't fit with the rest of the house at all. I do really like it - but it is for another style of hotel. The modern funky wallpaper and decor in the dining room does not flow with the chesterfields and open fires in other rooms.
Overall, the food is great (but small breakfast), but there were many many incidents that left me leaving disappointed. They can be easily fixed - I just hope they do get sorted!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Homewood park Hotel & Spa A luxury hotel country house hotel in Bath with a warm and welcoming fusion of the contemporary and the classic. Set in 10 acres of mature parklands and award-winning gardens with gorgeous views over of the beautiful Limpley Stoke valley, Homewood Park is delightfully rural and peaceful, making it a great hotel in Bath. Step inside and you will find the house still retains many of its original features, including exposed wooden floors, antique paintings and roaring log fires, all artfully combined with stylish modern furnishings, fabrics and finishes. During your stay, you can also enjoy our luxury hotel spa which includes a hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room and heated outside swimming pool. Our award winning restaurant provides fine dining at the highest quality, another great reason to stay at Homewood Park. The result of this, is a great Bath hotel with a refreshing fusion of the conventional and contemporary cool and chic We are certainly very happy to accommodate and cater for children of all ages. We are also a pet-friendly hotel and for a small fee we are delighted to welcome your dog. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Homewood Park Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Park Hotel And Spa
- Homewood Park Hotel Hinton Charterhouse
- Homewood Park Somerset
- Homewood Park Hotel & Spa Bath/Hinton Charterhouse