Homewood Park Hotel & Spa
Widbrook Grange(Bradford-on-Avon)
$134
$121
Great 4.5/5
Travelodge Bath Waterside(Bath)(Great Value!)
$66
Travelodge Beckington(Beckington)(Great Value!)
$46
Travelodge
Very Good 4/5
The Abbey Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
$183
$100
Hotels.com
$368
$338
Hotels.com
Excellent 5/5
  • Restaurant
All reviewsoutdoor pooljunior suitegarden suitesauna and steam roomon arrivalafternoon teaelemis toiletriesfree standing bathroll top bathhuge bedlovely hotelblack puddingcream teabirthday treatmy mumrelaxing stayspecial occasion
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Lovely setting in extensive grounds. Comfortable room on first floor. Restaurant a little austere lacking atmosphere. Food good without being special. Friendly efficient staff. Pet friendly. Didn't have the chance to try the spa but looked good.

1  Thank caerberis
Reviewed October 25, 2012

October 2012. Just had afternoon tea and stayed the night. Never again. As we went into room 6 my wife said "What a load of tat." The furniture was tired and worn bur reasonably clean.
The tea was poor wth the only choice being take it or leave it. We complained about the noise of the kitchen extractor fan right beside the bedroom window which eventually went off but discoverd it had only been smothering the noise of the generator outside the bathroom window and the freezers in the kitchen below us. We had little to no sleep especially after the extractor came on again when they prepared breakfast for 7am.
We did complain but they seemed surprised and were unaware of the noise being a problem. We find this difficult to believe. The pool was outdoor and not the all round temperature they advertised. Tables were not cleared until you wished to sit at one. tried to email the manager but the email address given on the website would not accept it. I will try again later.

Room Tip: Don't go near rooms in the older part of the building especially rooms 5,6 or 7.
12  Thank Ricky5461
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My friend and I went last week to stay at Homewood Park on Thursday through to Friday. On our way up we were delayed and had to call the Spa to explain that we would miss our first treatment. They couldn't have been more helpful giving us directions and re-arranging our facials for us. We had lunch on arrival which was very good and then went down to the Spa for the afternoon. The Spa is beautiful lovely and clean and calming and great facilities. Great Elemis products in showers and changing rooms. We wanted to thank our lovely therapist who was on during our stay because she really was excellent, I'm really sorry but we didn't get her name but she has blonde hair and is really friendly and welcoming. She managed the spa on her own brilliantly and her skills were excellent. In fact all the staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was lovley and so was the food and we really didn't want to leave. We went to relax and we really did that!

Room Tip: The only thing I would say was that our room was very hot and a bit noisy as we were by the vent from the kitchen so you may want to ask for a room away from that or a room on the front. However our room was lovely.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rachel N
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just had a wonderful stay at this Hotel while visiting Bath. Nice homely setting, clean & spacious rooms, helpful and friendly staff, good spa facility and most of all, TOP QUALITY food
One of the most relaxing weekend in 2012.
Highly recommend

Reviewed October 11, 2012

One of the most disappointing stays we have had. I wish I had read all the reviews before booking. I am in agreement with all the negative comments from other, lack of atmosphere, poorly managed, staffing issues, dirty rooms, poor quality food and so on.
The photographs both on the hotel website and their own brochure are not a true reflection of what you get. Our room The junior suite with private garden (17) is highly featured in both and this is one reason why I booked it, unfortunately the photo must have been taken many years ago, the room and bathroom is tired, dirty, shabby and musty smelling. As for the spa facilities, well I went to the reception and was met by the receptionist/therapist eating a bag of crisps! I decided to give any treatment a miss.
The evening meal was of poor quality and sent back, we were not offered an alternative and so went back to our room hungry and annoyed. The young duty manager said he would pass on our comments to the day manager, whether this was done I have no idea. On checking out we had to wait 15 minutes for the receptionist to come back from her meeting, I said again how disappointed we had been with the stay and the evening meal and was told "Oh yes I heard, what a shame! Having had enough of the hotel we paid the full amount and left.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to have a luxury stay, this hotel is worthy of 3 stars and comparable to many budget bed and breakfast hotels in the area, but this is not what I paid for.
Interestingly we asked who owned the hotel and were told it was Lord Bath's but he had now passed it on to his son to manage, perhaps his son has no interest!

7  Thank nicolla c