“Absolutely Wonderful!”

Homewood Park Hotel & Spa
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My friend and I went last week to stay at Homewood Park on Thursday through to Friday. On our way up we were delayed and had to call the Spa to explain that we would miss our first treatment. They couldn't have been more helpful giving us directions and re-arranging our facials for us. We had lunch on arrival which was very good and then went down to the Spa for the afternoon. The Spa is beautiful lovely and clean and calming and great facilities. Great Elemis products in showers and changing rooms. We wanted to thank our lovely therapist who was on during our stay because she really was excellent, I'm really sorry but we didn't get her name but she has blonde hair and is really friendly and welcoming. She managed the spa on her own brilliantly and her skills were excellent. In fact all the staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was lovley and so was the food and we really didn't want to leave. We went to relax and we really did that!

Room Tip: The only thing I would say was that our room was very hot and a bit noisy as we were by the vent fro...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rachel N
There are newer reviews for Homewood Park Hotel & Spa

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just had a wonderful stay at this Hotel while visiting Bath. Nice homely setting, clean & spacious rooms, helpful and friendly staff, good spa facility and most of all, TOP QUALITY food
One of the most relaxing weekend in 2012.
Highly recommend

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2012

One of the most disappointing stays we have had. I wish I had read all the reviews before booking. I am in agreement with all the negative comments from other, lack of atmosphere, poorly managed, staffing issues, dirty rooms, poor quality food and so on.
The photographs both on the hotel website and their own brochure are not a true reflection of what you get. Our room The junior suite with private garden (17) is highly featured in both and this is one reason why I booked it, unfortunately the photo must have been taken many years ago, the room and bathroom is tired, dirty, shabby and musty smelling. As for the spa facilities, well I went to the reception and was met by the receptionist/therapist eating a bag of crisps! I decided to give any treatment a miss.
The evening meal was of poor quality and sent back, we were not offered an alternative and so went back to our room hungry and annoyed. The young duty manager said he would pass on our comments to the day manager, whether this was done I have no idea. On checking out we had to wait 15 minutes for the receptionist to come back from her meeting, I said again how disappointed we had been with the stay and the evening meal and was told "Oh yes I heard, what a shame! Having had enough of the hotel we paid the full amount and left.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to have a luxury stay, this hotel is worthy of 3 stars and comparable to many budget bed and breakfast hotels in the area, but this is not what I paid for.
Interestingly we asked who owned the hotel and were told it was Lord Bath's but he had now passed it on to his son to manage, perhaps his son has no interest!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank nicolla c
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The approach is gorgeous, the welcome very warm & cosy.

We had a small but perfectly formed room, contemporary, clean and very comfortable.

The food in the Restaurant was among the best we've ever had!

It's amongst stunning countryside. Definately a retreat.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Staying at this hotel beautiful views from our windows,staff are pleasant and very helpful.room is spacious and everythink you need for a comfortable stay.and if it,s not in you room you only need to ask.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank RobboLee
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Had a very enjoyable stay at Homewood Park, and was lucky enough to stay in one of the garden rooms which I would thoroughly recommend. Fabulous location, very close to Bath, but out in the countryside.

The food and service was great - I would definitely return.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I booked this hotel as a venue for a dinner with an important client plus an opportunity for our respective partners to enjoy at spa and to have a relaxing overnights stay. The rooms I booked were the most expensive the hotel offered and when I checked in I found the room and the venue to be unsatisfactory.

The room was dark, and the furniture chipped. The windows at the back of the room (bathroom windows) overlooked a garage area and furthermore the room was not clean. The room I had booked for my client had a ride on lawn mower parked outside and the gate leading back to the hotel from the room was broken and there were bins holding garden waste in full sight of the room.

We had tea outside whilst waiting for the room to be thoroughly cleaned. Both vacant tables were dirty with plates and cups and when the order was taken the dirty plates were not removed. Eventually a waiter appeared and cleared the vacant table and only when our tea came was our table cleared.

Following this we checked out of the hotel. I feel the website showed the hotel in an extremely polished light but this hotel did not offer me the standard and service that I had expected when being asked to pay almost £400.00 per night.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Combe Grove Hotel
Combe Grove Hotel
#21 of 31 in Bath
Bailbrook House Hotel

Been to Homewood Park Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!