This lovely country hotel has a great many excellent features................and they deserve to be listed here...
Efficient and intelligent reception people;very friendly and attentive staff (nothing was too much trouble!) ...beautiful public rooms and gardens ;food to die for served expertly and discretely and an award winning spa which we didn't use,but which looked tremendous.......and they even welcome dogs which is very important for us!.
I wasn't surprised when the receptionist told us that the hotel was consistently near full week in-week out
All this comes at a price,of course but I was actually quite happy to cough up top whack for one of their best rooms..described as a "Garden Double Bedded Suite" (the hotel's words in their confirmation ) for a night of hedonistic luxury prior to a taxing hospital stay.
So, with heightening anticipation ,we checked in,and followed the receptionist to our Garden "Suite".
And there it was, just a beautifully decorated "Bedroom".
There was a huge practically empty hallway (and a huge practically empty bathroom when I think about it!)...but no sofa or chairs to sprawl on....no table and chairs to eat at or work on..and no way of watching the tele without perching on the bed. ...come on,Travelodge rooms do better than this.!!
There were two armless and extremely uncomfortable bedroom chairs and a pouffe (hope I've spelt that right!!) which sort of acted as a wobbly little side table type thing.
We slept well and I was showered to death in their super-duper aircraft hanger of a bathroom next morning before visiting Reception.
The young lady recovered quickly enough when I posed my simple question..."How do I eat a full English Breakfast in your Garden Suite?" replying with a crafty " There is an external dining area,sir"
..Aha!!!..nice thinking on your feet,young lady!!.Well done .............0-15
"What happens when its 30 below or hissing down with rain then,luv" as my response didn't elicit a recordable answer...........................................................................15-all
My second question was the ace.."How do you watch the tele without sitting on the bed,then"
This left the poor lass floundering on the baseline.....................game set and match!!
Now,if you Google "define a hotel suite" , all the websites I visited talk about "multiple rooms" or "bedrooms with attached living areas"...or at the very least "a room with easy chairs or a sofa".
I didn't see any mention of wobbly pouffes.
But forget Google and think of your own experiences.
I've been lucky enough to travel the UK and the world staying in nice accomodation over the years...every "suite" I've lived in had a table and chairs and some form of comfortable lounge seating... a"living area" in fact..even some of the "chain hotels" with their daft "Junior Executive Suites" get it nearly right.
So get your act together,Homewood Park ,you're much ,much too good for all this pompous nonsense. Make sure your definitions are accurate and match your brochure descriptions and importantly ,please ensure that you are not confusing potential visitors.
Be clear, I would definitely not have stayed in the "Garden Room" for the price you offered..but was attracted by the "Suite" connotation .....and my expection of that offer was a lot higher than the reality of the product I got.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Homewood park Hotel & Spa A luxury hotel country house hotel in Bath with a warm and welcoming fusion of the contemporary and the classic. Set in 10 acres of mature parklands and award-winning gardens with gorgeous views over of the beautiful Limpley Stoke valley, Homewood Park is delightfully rural and peaceful, making it a great hotel in Bath. Step inside and you will find the house still retains many of its original features, including exposed wooden floors, antique paintings and roaring log fires, all artfully combined with stylish modern furnishings, fabrics and finishes. During your stay, you can also enjoy our luxury hotel spa which includes a hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room and heated outside swimming pool. Our award winning restaurant provides fine dining at the highest quality, another great reason to stay at Homewood Park. The result of this, is a great Bath hotel with a refreshing fusion of the conventional and contemporary cool and chic We are certainly very happy to accommodate and cater for children of all ages. We are also a pet-friendly hotel and for a small fee we are delighted to welcome your dog. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Park Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Park Hotel And Spa
- Homewood Park Hotel Hinton Charterhouse
- Homewood Park Somerset
- Homewood Park Hotel & Spa Bath/Hinton Charterhouse