My partner decided to surprise me so booked us both in for a 'valentines special' which run throughout February this cost £70 each and included a 30min treatment with Champagne Afternoon Tea. Arrived at the Hotel reception and were taken to the Spa Area which is a very short walk outside, we were given a 5 digit Locker number on a piece of paper, unfortunately I didn't realise the first digit was the number of the locker I was supposed to use so ended up with all my stuff locked in the wrong locker - Luckily a Therapist came in and sorted this out. With only a towel & no robe (as laundry hasn't delivered these yet) we went into the Spa area. First impression was a little disappointing, the Spa is very open & windows that over look the outside pool aren't tinted so doesn't feel very private.
The entrance opens directly into the spa area allowing fully clothed people with shoes on to walk through the spa area. Next to the hydro pool - (I was a little concerned) as the mat by the spa entrance ran right along side the hydro pool, this didn't feel very hygienic as there were spa users walking around the spa barefoot - there are slippers provided but for me they were far to big and with the wet spa area were dangerously slippery - on a few occasions I nearly slipped over so decided to loose the slippers (this was a last resort as I do not like walking bare foot in wet areas) The facilities here were ok, I enjoyed using the Sauna & Steam rooms and did like the hydro pool but gave the outdoor pool a miss - although heated the weather wasn't to nice outside. I felt after being here an hour I had used all the facilities and being no where to lie down rotated using the facilities again until my treatment. The treatment was good both my partner and I enjoyed these and felt it broke the day up, I had a facial & the therapist used lovely comfort zone products so could only use the pool as I did not want to wash off these products in the steam & sauna rooms. After the treatments we decided to ask to move our afternoon tea forward as we could not spend a further 2.5 hours in the spa again - This wasn't a problem. Eventually we got 1 bed to lie down on and we both shared this - it as so much better having this to lie down on as you could relax, close you eyes for 15mins & read a magazine. With 15min to go before afternoon tea we headed to the locker rooms - These are very small & in the ladies there are no changing rooms only a toilet, the 1 shower in the locker room doesn't have a door which wasn't to much of a problem as It was quiet and I was the only one in there but when I first arrived to the spa there were children using the pool & locker room & wouldn't have felt comfortable showering & changing in front of them. I felt disappointed that being a spa facility there weren't luxury products to use when showering & washing only dispensing units that didn't list what brand they were. When drying, as the changing area is very small I found the water from when you left the shower made the floor very wet & again very slippery. I was also a little disappointed when drying my hair the unit switched off after a minute because it had over heated - when I looked at the unit I could see the filter was clogged up with dust so in order for me to use the dryer I had to brush out the filter to stop the unit over heating (not nice as it was extremely dusty and clogged up) Luckily this worked as I wasn't going to walk outside & have afternoon tea with soaking wet hair - There was no area to plug in straighteners which are almost as important as a hair dryer these days. My partner also mentioned there was no conditioner in the mens showers & no hair dryer (some men wont admit it but sometimes the like to pamper themselves too) Finally we were clothed and ready to make a run for it back to the hotel area we were told to wait in the lounge area where our order would be taken - we found a side room and sat down thinking we would be seated at a dining room table but suddenly our afternoon tea arrived and we had a small side table & our laps to eat off ( it turns out everyone else arrived for afternoon tea at 2:30 which meant no tables & having to eat in a side lounge) this definitely was not the way it has been described ''sitting in front of a roaring log fire'' but in terms of food - I have to give 5 stars for the Champagne afternoon tea - The Scones, Jam, cream & cakes were all hand made & were delicious - this perked me up and made our experience a 3/5 rather than a 1/5 I also liked that the tea was loose leaf - the only down side was I ordered white tea which was a seasonal extra to the menu and they didn't have any left as they were changing to a new season and guess what they hasn't changed over to this yet :( We spent around an 1:15hrs with the afternoon tea which lengthened our visit. Overall I wouldn't return just to use the Spa, I think it would be an extra perk if we had been staying at the hotel - which did look lovely and is in lovely surroundings / gardens, the £70 is justified if you work out the cost of a 30 min treatment & champagne afternoon tea (menu price £29.50) One more down side is when we went to pay they were advertising a mother days spa deal which again was £70 but included a 60 Min treatment & a light lunch which for me would have been a better deal. If you are staying at the hotel I think it is an extra facility but as a day spa I would spend a little bit more money on a bigger more well equip spa that pay attention to the small details.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Homewood park Hotel & Spa A luxury hotel country house hotel in Bath with a warm and welcoming fusion of the contemporary and the classic. Set in 10 acres of mature parklands and award-winning gardens with gorgeous views over of the beautiful Limpley Stoke valley, Homewood Park is delightfully rural and peaceful, making it a great hotel in Bath. Step inside and you will find the house still retains many of its original features, including exposed wooden floors, antique paintings and roaring log fires, all artfully combined with stylish modern furnishings, fabrics and finishes. During your stay, you can also enjoy our luxury hotel spa which includes a hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room and heated outside swimming pool. Our award winning restaurant provides fine dining at the highest quality, another great reason to stay at Homewood Park. The result of this, is a great Bath hotel with a refreshing fusion of the conventional and contemporary cool and chic We are certainly very happy to accommodate and cater for children of all ages. We are also a pet-friendly hotel and for a small fee we are delighted to welcome your dog. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Park Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Park Hotel Hinton Charterhouse
- Homewood Park Hotel And Spa
- Homewood Park Somerset
- Homewood Park Hotel & Spa Bath/Hinton Charterhouse