My fourth visit to Graig Wên was as good as the first in March 2009 (reviewed 1 April). This time I was with my partner and my parents (their second visit). We stayed in our usual room (Brân) because we love the bath, the lovely bed and the views of the Mawddach estuary.
Sarah and John are always so welcoming as are their staff. Sarah booked us into the lovely Mawddach Restaurant (http://www.mawddach.com/) for dinner on Saturday - highly recommended.
We'll be back for sure :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy breathtaking views of the Snowdonia mountains and Mawddach Estuary from our stylish, four star Bed and Breakfast accommodation in Snowdonia National Park. All rooms have modern en suite facilities and an eclectic mix of vintage furnishings and modern classics. Two rooms, Bran and Miri Mawr, have stunning estuary views and all our guests can enjoy the breathtaking scenery from our communal Caban room and day lounge. Relax over a drink from the honesty bar on the terrace or choose a cosy window seat. The former Victorian slate cutting shed has had a 21st century make-over with slate floors, bespoke furniture, massive wooden beams and warm Welsh rugs. You can walk directly through our wild woods and meadows to the Mawddach Trail, as seen on BBC Countryfile and Julia Bradbury's Railway Walks.All rooms have free wifi and flat screen TV/DVD players. Seren is a a ground floor room with accessible wet room. Sidan can be set up as a twin room but we do not have any family rooms and welcome children aged 10 years and over to our B&B. There are self-catering lets adjoining which are suitable for families.We welcome dogs and have 2 friendly dogs ourselves. The Slate Shed has a relaxed, friendly atmosphere and we enjoy helping you make the most of your time in Snowdonia National Park. There are many excellent local pubs and restaurants within 5 minutes drive or a beautiful hour long walk along the estuary. Bike hire is available for you to pedal to the pub! Dolgellau, Barmouth, miles of sandy beaches, Cadiar Idris, Portmerion, Coed y Brenin biking centre and Harlech castle are close by. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and PitchUp so you can book your The Slate Shed B &B at Graig Wen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Slate Shed b &b At Graig Wen Hotel Arthog
- The Slate Shed Bed And Breakfast At Graig Wen