Our expectations were pretty high before we arrived in light of their very clever web site that made it look fabulous. However, if you are into 1960's chic then you would be pleased. The room was a bit dark and certainly cramped even though the bathroom was a good size and nicely finished with a walk in shower.
I saw the comment from the owner in response to a previous critical review and it was suggested that the chocolates and other small features that could justify the high prices charged. We thought this was very over priced and the breakfast was a bit overdone and the shared dining room was a bit cramped and not very relaxing.
The staff were friendly and obliging and it was nice being offered tea on arrival
We weren't feeling that well over this weekend and I have left it a week before commenting but both my wife and I decided to stay only one night of the two nights booked and we decided to cut our losses because we just could not settle or feel that great under cramped conditions and so we called it a day and left soon after breakfast
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy breathtaking views of the Snowdonia mountains and Mawddach Estuary from our stylish, four star Bed and Breakfast accommodation in Snowdonia National Park. All rooms have modern en suite facilities and an eclectic mix of vintage furnishings and modern classics. Two rooms, Bran and Miri Mawr, have stunning estuary views and all our guests can enjoy the breathtaking scenery from our communal Caban room and day lounge. Relax over a drink from the honesty bar on the terrace or choose a cosy window seat. The former Victorian slate cutting shed has had a 21st century make-over with slate floors, bespoke furniture, massive wooden beams and warm Welsh rugs. You can walk directly through our wild woods and meadows to the Mawddach Trail, as seen on BBC Countryfile and Julia Bradbury's Railway Walks.All rooms have free wifi and flat screen TV/DVD players. Seren is a a ground floor room with accessible wet room. Sidan can be set up as a twin room but we do not have any family rooms and welcome children aged 10 years and over to our B&B. There are self-catering lets adjoining which are suitable for families.We welcome dogs and have 2 friendly dogs ourselves. The Slate Shed has a relaxed, friendly atmosphere and we enjoy helping you make the most of your time in Snowdonia National Park. There are many excellent local pubs and restaurants within 5 minutes drive or a beautiful hour long walk along the estuary. Bike hire is available for you to pedal to the pub! Dolgellau, Barmouth, miles of sandy beaches, Cadiar Idris, Portmerion, Coed y Brenin biking centre and Harlech castle are close by. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Slate Shed B &B at Graig Wen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Slate Shed Bed And Breakfast At Graig Wen
- The Slate Shed b &b At Graig Wen Hotel Arthog