Wow......, where shall I start.
We have been lucky enough to stay at the Graig Wen/Slate Shed guest house and cottages for our wedding accomodation this weekend in Wales and it has been the perfect place for ourselves an our guests to all be together for our most special day.
The location and views are spectacular looking directly out over the enchanting Mawddach estuary to the sea.
The guest house rooms are all so individually exquisite with lovely touches such as hand made salted caramels, waffles and natural toiletry products.
Please note the beds are that comfy that you may need two alarm clocks to ever get up in the morning for breakfast which you will not want to miss.
The morning breakfast is of such a high standard, better than any guest house I have stayed in with an abundance of local produce , preserves, bread , honies, yoghurts, eggs , sausages and the star of the show is the thick cut local bacon which is like a succulent gammon steak :)) . Overall an outstanding breakfast experience.
The service is second to none, both Sarah and John, the owners, are most welcoming and helpful for anything that is needed and are a great source of local knowledge. Matt the manager is a great guy and was most helpful with liasing with some of our guests that were en route to the cottages we had booked for them.
To Summarise, this place has been so perfect for our wedding accomodation in every way and has exceeded all of mine and my new wife's expectations words do not really do justice.
We will be returning soon to stay in one of their yurts in the woodland grounds of the Graig Wen along with many of our wedding party who were all blown away with this place.
If you ever have the chance to stay here then do, you will not be dissapointed.
Thank you to Sarah, John and Matt (along with all the behind the scene staff) for making our wedding weekend so special with your attentive service and your exquisite accomadation, look forward to seeing you soon.
Mike and Caroline.
Mr and Mrs Reid x :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy breathtaking views of the Snowdonia mountains and Mawddach Estuary from our stylish, four star Bed and Breakfast accommodation in Snowdonia National Park. All rooms have modern en suite facilities and an eclectic mix of vintage furnishings and modern classics. Two rooms, Bran and Miri Mawr, have stunning estuary views and all our guests can enjoy the breathtaking scenery from our communal Caban room and day lounge. Relax over a drink from the honesty bar on the terrace or choose a cosy window seat. The former Victorian slate cutting shed has had a 21st century make-over with slate floors, bespoke furniture, massive wooden beams and warm Welsh rugs. You can walk directly through our wild woods and meadows to the Mawddach Trail, as seen on BBC Countryfile and Julia Bradbury's Railway Walks.All rooms have free wifi and flat screen TV/DVD players. Seren is a a ground floor room with accessible wet room. Sidan can be set up as a twin room but we do not have any family rooms and welcome children aged 10 years and over to our B&B. There are self-catering lets adjoining which are suitable for families.We welcome dogs and have 2 friendly dogs ourselves. The Slate Shed has a relaxed, friendly atmosphere and we enjoy helping you make the most of your time in Snowdonia National Park. There are many excellent local pubs and restaurants within 5 minutes drive or a beautiful hour long walk along the estuary. Bike hire is available for you to pedal to the pub! Dolgellau, Barmouth, miles of sandy beaches, Cadiar Idris, Portmerion, Coed y Brenin biking centre and Harlech castle are close by. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and PitchUp so you can book your The Slate Shed B &B at Graig Wen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Slate Shed b &b At Graig Wen Hotel Arthog
- The Slate Shed Bed And Breakfast At Graig Wen