Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Hotel itself is really nice, rooms are very spacious, clean with big bathrooms. There is a good size pool which we enjoyed very much, beach bar and they have an evening entertainment in the evening on the weekend, nice way to spend time.Breakfast is plentiful and there is a huge choice of tasty food. Hotel is located right on the beach, but there is nothing to do immidiately around the hotel, there are only other hotels and maybe 3 restaurants. They offer a free bus shuttle to the town three times a day and this is handy otherwise it would be boring.

It'a a good place if you just want to relax by the sea, but if you want to have something to do in the evenings I would chose a hotel closer to town..

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank evcia999
Reviewed December 19, 2011

The hotel is just ok for the price that we pay. However, I feel that I can find a nicer, newer hotel at this price in Hua Hin. The hotel is a bit old fashioned. Buffet breakfast is just ok, nothing special. However, the staff are nice and friendly

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank sabai-sabai1965
Reviewed May 20, 2011

May 2011 – approximately 50 baht = 1 GBP. I live and work in Thailand and have been to Hua Hin several times previously but the ‘Bluewave’ is my first hotel booking in this particular location. Hua Hin is the top end of the tourist spots and so is expensive. We were quoted just under 4000 bahts for a three night stay on the internet, but on arriving at the hotel unannounced, the price had gone up to a whopping 7,500 bahts for the three nights!

Seeing our shocked looks, they offered my Thai partner and I a 200 baht reduction per night and we finally settled for two nights at a grossly inflated 4,600 bahts. (Normal room, two single beds and breakfast). I wonder if this is some kind of record for hotel overcharging? (‘Bluewave’ management please take note and don’t assume that everyone with a white face doesn’t know they’re being fleeced, especially when accompanied by a Thai National)!

The restaurant on the second floor is good and good but overpriced by Thai standards and a foot massage outside at 300 baht must be a record for anywhere in Thailand. A quiet location, a rather dated but clean and comfortable hotel and as a plus, the breakfast served between 6 and 10am is one of the best I have encountered anywhere – five star. Motorcycle or car hire to get about is a must. My advice is pay in advance and be certain you know who’s pocket it’s going into!

Date of stay: May 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
8  Thank ajarn61
Reviewed March 30, 2011

I'm sure the Blue Wave was once a nice hotel. But the passing of time and management neglect have left the hotel a shadow of it's former self.

You can see the potential. It is a beachfront property in Khao Takiab. The rooms are of a good size. But it seems everything is rotting away. To be fair, I would not say the lace is unclean. With what they are given, I think the housekeeping staff does a good job. But all the cleaning in the world does not make up for lumpy beds, ancient furnishings, and leaky, noisy aircon units.

Current management seems to have decided that their guests are borderline criminals, so they have coupons and sign-out processes for everything possible. On check-in, you receive half a dozen or so of these documents. Towel sign-in/sign out forms (don't lose it, or they assume you've checked out a full set of (faded, unraveling) towels, and you get charged 400 baht per towel if "stolen". Breakfast coupons (why anyone would want to steal their food is beyond belief). Water vouchers. Whatever.

We made the mistake of waiting to long to make our reservations, and this was all we could find. Shame on us

Date of stay: March 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank basket_case57
Reviewed February 25, 2011

Booked this hotel for a week, as we were then due to move on to Penang, however after 5 days at the Blue wave we cancelled our Malaysian arrangemnts and stayed for an extra week.
We loved the beach and the service was excellent. Rooms to the golf course side of the hotel offer the best views and late afternoon sun.
Pool was quite and overlooked the beach

Date of stay: January 2011