Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews health resort tai chi daily activities night stay beautiful resort detox wellness consultant retreat physio nutritionist holistic privacy thai goals sauna bangkok
Selected filters
Reviewed July 1, 2011

I was feeling rundown and needed to get my energy back on track- Chiva Som surpassed my expectations in every respect. From the moment you arrive and meet the pleasant Thai staff you feel comfortable. Exercise classes on every hour , from Yoga, Pilates , Aqua Robics , to mediation and spa activities- something for everyone , as little or as much as you want to do is available. The food was amazing- fresh , healthy , tasty , no fat , no sugar , guilt free eating - I gave up wine , and dont feel the need to drink since having my 'cut the cravings ' treatment! Loved the pool , the beachside location, the ambience , and overall friendliness of the place- you could easily go solo and have a great time in this perfect sanctury- Very hard to go back to the real world!
Only negative ( being honest) the beach front rooms are not large and if sharing they are a bit tight, the bathrooms are nice but a bit dated, but really these details just don't matter once you are there trying to work out what you want to do to enjoy yourself. A Fabulous place and Ill be back!

Room tip: Sea - view room v nice - a bit small .
Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank walker_krisi
Reviewed June 15, 2011

Thought I’d share my wonderful experience at Chiva Som was. I’ve been back nearly a month and sadly any Zen like calm has evaporated. Oh well!
It was an amazing experience. I can’t speak highly enough about the accommodation, the staff and the food!
The rooms were amazing and they even gave me a late checkout in a gorgeous suite for free!
Food to die for. Don’t go to detox as you would miss out on the wondrous food. So much delicious but healthy fare.
Staff wonderful and classes great. You get about $500 extra to spend on top of your daily massages on anything from Botox to crystal therapy.
Negatives well the drive! It well and truly 3 hours from Bangkok and I didn’t get into my room till 3 am Australian time. Private car the way to go. On a coach it would have been a night mare.
Really quite scary busy busy highway. If I go again which I plan to do. I would stay overnight at the Sofitel near the airport and go to Chiva Som next morning.
The beach is pretty ordinary too but I live near th best beaches.
All up I cant wait to go back!

8  Thank Kate B
Reviewed April 20, 2011

Chiva Som is the most amazing place - from the moment I was picked up from the Bangkok airport I felt very looked after and nurtured - it was everything that I was looking for as a retreat where I could replenish my body and soul. One of the stand-out features for me is the staff. They really are delightful and make the Chiva Som experience special. Another amazing aspect of Chiva Som is the food. It was delicious and I always felt very satisfied, despite the fact I did not touch coffee, alcohol, dessert, and many other things that I tend to eat a lot of and love on holiday (wine, bread dripping in olive oil, cheese etc). I even lost a few kilos and become so virtuous over the course of a week that I took my own food for the flight to London (made by Chiva Som!). September is apparently traditionally quiet and it lived up to that reputation - the group classes were always small (6 people or under) and two of the classes I attended become private (I was the only attendee) which resulted in some unique and amazing experiences (yoga and meditation). I loved being able to float about in my Chiva Som provided cotton PJs, makeup free, technology free, attending yoga and mediation in the morning, partaking of some hard cardio around lunch time and having a massage in the afternoon. It really was blissful. My only constructive criticism is that the gym equipment felt a little dated, the gym itself was so hot, the room I had would feel cramped for a couple (perfect for a single, with a wonderful view), and the beach is underwhelming even for walking. Minor issues. Regardless, it is a wonderful experience and I can't wait to go back.

Date of stay: September 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
6  Thank Sarah E
Reviewed February 7, 2011

Stayed for 7 nights about two weeks ago. The Resort is small and very quiet, so it is not an action packed place. However people come here to relax, eat healthy (and very good), get some treatment and a lot of opportunities for exercising.

After the seven days I really got a great kick-start to a better lifestyle, not least because of the advice I was given from the Australian nutrition specialist and other staff members, who advice how to get rid of some bad habits.

Rooms and other facilities are good - you can probably find better in Asia for 500 $ a night, but they would not have the other aspects mentioned above.

It is not a cheap vacation, but still well worth the money, if you are looking to spoil yourself the "healthy way".

4  Thank JensenKiev
Reviewed December 16, 2010

Actually I came here with my husband in May 2008 (sorry for LATE review). We chose the detox programme and stayed in a Thai pavilion.

Thai Pavilion: Disappointing. The furniture/interior was starting to age but what bothered me more was that there was little desktop space (two small desks and one was occupied by the TV) and the electric current that you activate when you put the key into the slot was noisy. We basically had to take out the key at night in order to be able to sleep. I told my health consultant and she said "Sorry to hear that" (but it's the way it is and we won't change anything about it).

Health consultant: They meet you and check your aims during your stay and explain how they work, take your weight etc. they are generallly speaking ok.

Detox: I really like their detox programme and they have friendly nurses to do the colon irrigation for you.

Facilities: We really liked them. They have a nice sauna, steam room, cold plunge pool, relaxation area, dark room and they come and call you for your massage. They have a daily fitness schedule with stretching, step, yoga, aqua fitness etc.etc they also have a turkish steam room where you can go as a couple which I find nice. They have lots of other stuff that I did not see or try.

Massages: You get a daily massage as part of your detox programme, it lasts 45min and not a second longer. You can choose between three kinds of massages. If you want to have a different one, you have to pay the difference. I wanted to try an Indian one but somehow it was not possible as it was "a different department". So much for comprehensive service.

The hotel is located at the beach, the beach itself is nothing special. You can go horseriding at the beach or running, but I preferred to swim in the pool as the beach was full of jellyfish...

Restaurant: The food we did get to eat after our detox programme finished was very good. Saturday's barbecue is very special.

I can recommend this hotel for those that want to shape up, lose weight, detox, relaxation through a holistic approach, and want to enjoy their spa facilities and treatments. For honeymoon or relaxation of another kind, I would go someplace else.

Date of stay: May 2010