“Better than being at home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newcastle-on-Clun
The Quarry House Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Have stayed with Michelle and Simon several times over the last year while doing a course at Moor Hall. It is unlike any B&B I have ever stayed in as its like walking into your own home only better, you always have a very warm welcome no matter what time you arrive a meal is always waiting. The food is out of this world nothing is to much trouble, Michelle has put on special dinners for our textile group and again nothing is to much trouble the menus have been delicious. They have such a good reputation before I book a class I will check to make sure I can get into Quarry House! The only bad thing I could say about it is it is so very hard to decide which lovelly breakfast, packed lunch or dinner menu I am going to have!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 15, 2013

The Quarry House is a real gem. Everything you could wish for in a bed and breakfast.

Michelle and Simon have created a wonderfully comfortable and welcoming place to stay in a really beautiful setting. They are lovely friendly hosts and nothing is too much trouble for them.
All the rooms are finished beautifully with comfortable beds and lovely crisp white bed linen. The outside studio gives you privacy and a bit more space, with a double and single bed and a small table and chairs.
Michelle is a superb cook. The breakfasts are plentiful with a great choice of Traditional English Breakfast or a variety of smoked fish. You can then choose to have a packed lunch and a superb supper at very reasonable prices. I suggest you don't eat elsewhere, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed one night when doing the Offa's Dyke path. We had a lovely, warm welcome from Michelle along with some delicious home made snacks! Although we hadn't booked she cooked us an excellent three course meal and breakfast was also of a very high standard. The large room had everything we needed. A tip-top B&B in every respect.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This B & B offers service, hospitality and warmth over and above any I have found elsewhere .But what sets it apart is the standard of the meals. Michelle and Simon cook a two or three course meal every night to a very high standard. They can even deliver If you haven't booked dinner. Michelle and Simon offer meals both with and without meat and also cook fish.

This couple are well known locally and offer outside catering and also open their restaurant to non-residents.

They do not carry a licence to sell alcohol but encourage you to bring your own or buy one from the local shop.

I have stayed here regularly whilst attending textile courses at a local studio run by well known textile artists, and coming home tired and often covered with dyes, paint and so on, Michelle is still happy to see me and others in our group; hot water, lovely soaps and fluffy towels, soon make us feel better.

A rest in the lovely furnished rooms, a cup of tea eaten with a selection of Michelle's home cooked cakes and savories, and we are restored.

The house is outside the village, but within walking distance and the room look out over lovely countryside. It is very quiet, sounds of the thrush cracking the snail shells accompany the smoked haddock and poached egg breakfasts, but there is a good range of other things on offer, many locally sourced.

I recommend The Old Quarry House.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet, this is deep country side.
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Since my last review of The Quarry House I have stayed there three times. The welcome is always warm and the rooms comfortable and well equipped. Biscuits and tea, coffee etc in the rooms. The breakfasts and evening meals are consistently delicious; Michelle is an excellent cook. She and Simon are a very good team. I cannot recommend this place highly enough.

Also the countryside round about is delightful with good walks right from the door.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

More than just b.n.b.. I arrived late after a long walk but that did not upset Michelle. while I took a shower in the lovely annexe she cooked me a delicious meal. The bed was so comfortable I was soon asleep. Morning t.v. showed me what weather to expect for my next day's walk. Breakfast was substantial to see me well on the way to Forden.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed for a couple of nights in February while attending a local function. The place is beautiful, so clean and comfortable.

The food far exceeded our expectations, everything was delicious, and Michelle was knowledgeable and extremely accommodating on my gluten intolerance; she even had gluten free bread and sausages!

Michelle and Simon couldn't have been more welcoming and made us feel at home in The Quarry House.

We wouldn't think about going anywhere else when in this area.

Thanks for a great stay and we will certainly make a return visit over the summer months.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Quarry House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!