“Terrible service and bad food ”

Manna cafe bundeena
Ranked #6 of 8 Restaurants in Bundeena
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

We visited Cafe Manna and the service was the worst we've had in a very long time. The lady (owner I think) didn't care when my wife complained about her food. My sandwich was on dry, stale Turkish bread. The price is way too high for the portions and quality. The lady was also rude to the staff (her son and others). They added a weekend surcharge to the total on the bill, without itemising it. Don't go here, there are much nicer cafes just up the road.

5  Thank RobL74

Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Ate here as the other places in Bundeena were full on a busy weekend - wish we had waited. Lady owner is one of the rudest people I have come across in a while, to both us as customers and her waiting team.

My falafel was horrible, tasted stale and overly dry, when I complained she told me it should be that way and made no apology or offer to change it - had to leave it. We felt that she was insinuating I don't know what falafel was and that she was an expert as she "gets it from a Lebanese supplier" and makes it "fresh" (as do most places in Sydney I would imagine and their falafel doesn't taste like cardboard). The other food was ok, but rather tasteless - the 'Thai salad' was a salad with a cheap sweet chilli sauce on it, not very Thai!

We had to ask for the bill three times and when it eventually came, it didn't add up properly and after having to ask, they had added a 10% weekend surcharge without listing it on the bill (we cannot recall seeing this on the menu, though it may have been there). Lady owner was snotty throughout this and shouted at her young staff.

Would not return - bad value, terrible service and average/below average food.

4  Thank BritishMigratoryBird
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Cosy place to get a snack for breakfast or lunch. Nice food. Really good coffee. Service pretty nice. Gluten free options.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Just went here and want to go back and throw food in the rude waitresses face. 7.50 for a small serve of chips and they are stone cold. Burger has no sauce and miniscule beef party. Terrible terribke

5  Thank Ruth H
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Was my first visit to Manna (usually go to Cookie next door & Passsionfruit further up). It's a great spot yet owner was so aggressive to staff that I walked out. A relaxed vibe is what I wanted in a peaceful village like Bundeena. A shame really.

4  Thank QuirkyCat