“Charming English Garden”

Beech Court Gardens
Ranked #2 of 5 things to do in Challock
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I visited Beech Court Gardens for the first time today, and was very impressed throughout my walk across its grounds. Despite the unfortunate (and uncontrollable) heavy rain, the garden was a pleasure to see and relaxing to be in. I finished my visit with a trip to their tea rooms- lovely food and lovely people. Will definitely go again!

4  Thank wlnf

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Today we made a visit to beech court garden en we enjoyed it very much! The friendly welcome
was so nice. A beautiful collection of trees with all the different colours was a treat to see and also a very beautiful rose garden, the smells were excellent. Nice tearoom , I recommend the coffee and walnut cake.When I'm in the area again I surely come back.! Bianca and Rob from the Netherlands

5  Thank Biek_12
Reviewed July 4, 2012

What a wonderfully quirky English garden! We had a lovely day out looking all of the wildlife in the beautiful gardens, and finished everything off nicely with tea in the Oast House. I would highly recommend a trip to anyone.

5  Thank Ally W
vyvyan h, Owner at Beech Court Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2016

Reviewed July 1, 2012

I recently visited these gardens after finding a brochure stating that the gardens were accessible for wheelchairs. I found it very hard to push a wheelchair around and was unable to access many areas of the garden. To be honest we only saw a small portion of the garden, many of the areas were muddy and it was impossible to push a wheelchair through the mud. The brochure said that it would not be suitable for wheelchairs in extreme wet weather, however there had been no heavy rain the day before our visit or on that day. Then to add to that I was charged full price to visit the garden despite the fact that I didn't see much of it as I couldn't go where I couldn't push the wheelchair. Not a very enjoyable visit.

1  Thank charlieleo
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

This summer has been the wettest in history. The fact that the day before your visit was sunny has little effect on the state of the paths after it had been raining almost everyday for the last month. If you had asked for a refund you would have received the full £2 back which is the discounted price for wheel chair entry.
As you say the brochure mentions it is not suitable for wheel chairs in extreme weather. We have refunded in these circumstances but the majority have chosen their route with care and found it accessible.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Wanted to have a party there, they accepted the booking and then made it impossible by withdrawing previously promised facilities. However, it's an interesting, slightly neglected and quirky place to visit.