Myself and my husband went to this resort for ten days for our honeymoon. We were upgraded on arrival, to the Luxury Sunset Water Villa. Fabulous suite, private deck, spacious bathroom and changing area. Outside the water is so blue, and you can swim straight from your deck into the shallow water. Life vests are supplied if you need them and you can also rent flippers and mask for your stay. We were moved to our original booking - the Deluxe Water Villa for the last three nights of our stay, again, fabulous. Not "detached" like the "Luxury Sunset" but pretty damn nice. The deck was not as open, but again, you can swim straight from your own private steps.
The food was fantastic - lots of choice. We ate in the main restaurant most of the time, they have a different food theme each day. We were not there in high season, so the resort was 50% full. As a result, the other restuarants lacked a little bit of atmosphere. The Thai was good, the Italian much better. The resort is all inclusive - we generally drank the Tiger beer. The wine choice was minimal - Piat D'or was the red on offer.....terrible. The only other thing - the water! Water on all Maldivian islands is "desalinated" sea water. Not so tasty....
The bars: There are two - Aqua is where we went to watch the sunset each evening and Coral, the main bar beside the main restaurant. The barmen are friendly and had our drinks waiting for us after a few days. Coral has some evening entertainment should that be of interest.
Pools: There are two pools if you want to move from your private deck or the beach. The main pool beside the restaurant has a limited number of beds so get there early! The other pool is for Ocean Club people only. We did go Ocean Club and I honestly don't think it was worthwhile - perhaps it's better value at high season when everywhere else is really busy.
Clientele: There were a lot of Asian couples, as well as some European couples and families.
This was a very relaxing holiday where you fall into a routine of breakfast, sundeck, swim, lunch, more sundeck, sundet drinks, dinner, bar etc. The staff are wonderful, friendly and helpful. The resort is relatively new so is in very good condition.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives: Set amongst the perfect islands and blue ocean of South Ari Atoll (Alifu Atoll) in the republic of Maldives, Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives delivers a unique 5 star resort experience and offers the ultimate in barefoot luxury along with a range of exciting activities that will appeal both to couples and families.Featuring 112 suites & villas, the resort offers diving enthusiasts outstanding diving opportunities including an excellent house reef complete with a dedicated sunken ship wreck and is within easy reach of the top dive spots in the Maldives. The resort offers all guests a premium all-inclusive vacation experience, along with a perfect white sand beach and the crystal clear water of the Indian Ocean.Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives offers more than simply daytime sun, sea, and sand. The resort features a variety of dining options, pools, recreation activities, Sports and Fitness facilities, bars and lounges with nightly entertainment, SPA Cenvaree, and a Kids Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Fastbooking, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Island Resort And Spa
- Centara Grand Island Hotel Centara Grand Island
- Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives