After reading numerous reviews, we settled on Centara based on the positive reviews about the food and the price level. After arriving from Thailand through Sri Lanka, we were impressed. We had a slight hiccup with the Maldivian Air Taxi. Apparently I requested a morning taxi, and they stuck us on a 7am departure! It would have been ok, but we had just arrived on the Emirates flight at 2am the night before and were resting comfortably in our plush bed at the Holiday Inn! Regardless, after waking up and getting to the resort, it was worth it.
We stayed two nights in the beach villa, number 43 and then two nights in the luxury sunset villa, I think number 68? Whatever one we had, was perfectly in the middle of all the villas, we we had a great view of the water and sunset. The beach villa room was a loft style, with a full bath downstairs and half bath upstairs, where the bed is. The downstairs bathroom is outdoors, so it was a bit hot washing up. The luxury sunset villa had a huge bathroom with a window that looked at the water. I loved the deck looking at the ocean.
Staff was wonderful. The food was delicious at the buffet and restaurants. Oh my goodness did we eat a lot, but I also ran on the treadmill at the gym. My husband took windsurfing lessons and diving lessons. We did the island club the last two nights and I enjoyed it. He liked the buffet, but I liked eating by the private pool and having the waiter service. They also served more western style food.
If I had more time and money, I would've wanted to stay longer. BTW, wifi is $5 a day...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by a stunning house reef that is a kaleidoscope of colour for snorkellers, and distinctive with its timbered walkways and colonial-style buildings, the five-star Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives is a barefoot paradise. With the Ultimate All-Inclusive concept, your stay is absolutely carefree meaning that all meals, spa treatments, activities and water sports, daily excursions, and even diving are all included. Weatherboard villas, thatched-roof buildings, a white-sand beach and sparkling lagoon are the setting for your honeymoon or fun-filled family holiday. Villas and beach suites are generously-sized (86-159 square metres); the over-water villas enjoy their own sundeck with steps down to the multihued coral reefs. Special villas for families have bunk beds in a children’s area, and you can also enjoy the option of an overwater villa with plunge pool. When it comes to dining, all your meals – and more – are included. Sumptuous champagne breakfasts are available at Reef Restaurant, lunches and dinners are to be enjoyed at the Azurri Mare Italian Restaurant, the Suan Bua Thai restaurant or Reef Restaurant. There are two bars on the island. Voted as Maldives’ most family-friendly resort two years in succession, the island has the ideal family itinerary: activities at the age-specific kids’ clubs, water activities like banana boat and tube rides, water sports, and pool games by thea children’s pool. Anyone in need of some deep relaxation can enjoy the daily spa treatments at Spa Cenvaree, yoga sessions, or simply laze beachside. Beside water sports and one of the best PADI dive centres in the Maldives, the resort’s house reef and lagoon provide fascination for snorkellers, and just off the reef there is a dedicated shipwreck that offers easy diving and a close-up view of turtles and whale sharks, manta rays, and surgeonfish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Fastbooking, Travelocity, Prestigia, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Island Hotel Centara Grand Island
- Centara Grand Island Resort And Spa
- Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives