Lovely hotel. Great food - could have been a bit more choice on drinks. Our beachfront room had everything we needed. Even a tub of water outside with ladle to wash the sand off your feet. If you are not into watersports, this probably isn't the place for you. The house reef is ideal for snorkellers and accessible from the beach. They even provide life jackets in the room if you are a nervous swimmer. Nice touch.
Only downside was our connection via seaplane to Centara. Once we arrived in Male, we checked in for our flt, were taken to the floatplane terminal (5 mins by minibus) and then we had to wait 3 hrs for flt. Then just as we were able to board, the airline staff told me the aircraft had a wait problem and they could not put my case on board and it would come on the next flight. Rather miffed as I had deliberately kept the weight of our cases to under 20K, their maximum weight allowance. I then had to sit around at the hotel for another 3 hours for my case. Departure wasn't a lot better. We had to be out of the room at 07.20 even though our international flt didn't leave until 1300, so it made it a very long day. If you do take the 'plane, the views are worth seeing, good photos, but you need to take earplugs as it is very hot and noisy.
I understand the boat takes about 2 hrs so it might be worth thinking about.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives: Set amongst the perfect islands and blue ocean of South Ari Atoll (Alifu Atoll) in the republic of Maldives, Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives delivers a unique 5 star resort experience and offers the ultimate in barefoot luxury along with a range of exciting activities that will appeal both to couples and families.Featuring 112 suites & villas, the resort offers diving enthusiasts outstanding diving opportunities including an excellent house reef complete with a dedicated sunken ship wreck and is within easy reach of the top dive spots in the Maldives. The resort offers all guests a premium all-inclusive vacation experience, along with a perfect white sand beach and the crystal clear water of the Indian Ocean.Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives offers more than simply daytime sun, sea, and sand. The resort features a variety of dining options, pools, recreation activities, Sports and Fitness facilities, bars and lounges with nightly entertainment, SPA Cenvaree, and a Kids Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Fastbooking, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Island Resort And Spa
- Centara Grand Island Hotel Centara Grand Island
- Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives