This was our first trip to the Maldives and it didn't disappoint. Having talked to other guests who had visited other islands in the Maldives, it was clear that Centara is a cut above the rest. We stayed in a Beach Suite which was fantastic. Lots of space, comfy bed, huge bathroom and access directly onto the beautiful west facing beach. The food in the main restaurant was great, as were the all inclusive house wine and sparkling wine. We also tried the Thai restaurant which was of a very high standard. It is possible to have a private Thai cookery lesson with the chef of the restaurant. The snorkelling is great on the reef surrounding the island, so there is no need to venture further afield unless you want to. The spa services are expensive but very good. Although an additional 10% service charge was added to the massage which wasn't made entirely clear at the time. The staff at the resort are very attentive and friendly, without being intrusive. We would highly recommend Centara and can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by a stunning house reef that is a kaleidoscope of colour for snorkellers, and distinctive with its timbered walkways and colonial-style buildings, the five-star Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives is a barefoot paradise. With the Ultimate All-Inclusive concept, your stay is absolutely carefree meaning that all meals, spa treatments, activities and water sports, daily excursions, and even diving are all included. Weatherboard villas, thatched-roof buildings, a white-sand beach and sparkling lagoon are the setting for your honeymoon or fun-filled family holiday. Villas and beach suites are generously-sized (86-159 square metres); the over-water villas enjoy their own sundeck with steps down to the multihued coral reefs. Special villas for families have bunk beds in a children’s area, and you can also enjoy the option of an overwater villa with plunge pool. When it comes to dining, all your meals – and more – are included. Sumptuous champagne breakfasts are available at Reef Restaurant, lunches and dinners are to be enjoyed at the Azurri Mare Italian Restaurant, the Suan Bua Thai restaurant or Reef Restaurant. There are two bars on the island. Voted as Maldives’ most family-friendly resort two years in succession, the island has the ideal family itinerary: activities at the age-specific kids’ clubs, water activities like banana boat and tube rides, water sports, and pool games by thea children’s pool. Anyone in need of some deep relaxation can enjoy the daily spa treatments at Spa Cenvaree, yoga sessions, or simply laze beachside. Beside water sports and one of the best PADI dive centres in the Maldives, the resort’s house reef and lagoon provide fascination for snorkellers, and just off the reef there is a dedicated shipwreck that offers easy diving and a close-up view of turtles and whale sharks, manta rays, and surgeonfish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fastbooking, Hotwire, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Island Hotel Centara Grand Island
- Centara Grand Island Resort And Spa
- Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives