This place was amazing. A small island with a great House Reef. People came in from other islands to dive on this reef. Dolphins swam past our lodge most days and they were close enuogh that we could hear them coming up for air. We didn't dive but spent hours snorkelleing (masks, snokel and fins provided free at the water sports building) life jackets are in the rooms if you want them. During our trip we rented a speed boat for a couple of hours to go out and try to find a whale shark. We were lucky and got in the water with one. One of the coolest things we've ever done. I can't explain the feeling. We then went off to find the Manta Rays which breed in the area in the winter. To see them swimming at you toatally undisturbed by your presence in the water was amazing. (The water sports and the dive centre are separate businesses to the resort. The Maldivian government doesn't want a monopoly on the islands)
The rest of our 2 weeks was spent relaxing and eating. My partner went for 3 massages so they must have been good and I speak for both of us when I say the food was out of this world. The only bad thing about it was having to loose the weight we'd put on when we got home.
This is a great place to have a rest and the staff are all really friendly and can't do enough for youhowever, I would come again if I was going somewhere else as well. I say this only because I like more to do on my holidays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the blue ocean of the South Ari Atoll, and distinctive with its timbered walkways and colonial-style buildings, Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives is a barefoot paradise with a palm-fringed beach and shimmering lagoon that offers the perfect island holiday for everyone. With 112 spacious villas set over-water, and suites blending harmoniously with the natural setting, the island has a wealth of activities and superb facilities that makes this an ideal hideaway for couples and honeymooners, or a fun-filled destination for families. There are exceptional opportunities to discover the exotic life of Maldives underwater, with a house reef that is a kaleidoscope of colour for snorkellers, a shipwreck dive site just off the island, and easy access to some of the most famous dive sites in the world. With our Ultimate All-Inclusive concept, your stay on our tropical island is absolutely carefree, with dining, rejuvenating, playing and exploring all included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Fastbooking, Priceline, TravelUp, Expedia, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Island Resort And Spa
- Centara Grand Island Hotel Centara Grand Island
- Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives